Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prune damaged leaes?

Aloha,

This is my first grow. I have not had the physical strength to set up the grow tent I acquired so my plants are outside. My question is: I have several damaged leaves on my girls... seems that some are from over-watering, some from heat. As those problems appear to have been solved, should I remove the damaged leaves? My thinking is "Yes" as the plant will expend energy trying to continue to grow them unless they are pruned.

Yes/No?

Much Mahalos
    Last edited by Papagun; 06-03-2020, 04:03 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention that I have taken steps to ameliorate the heat and water problems.

Don't do anything like remove leaf. If they are still green let it be because she's already harmed. Papagun I would fill that pot with more good soil more perlite. Baby it till leaf start coming back normal she's in need of ICU care. In theory you are correct about your thinking but this plant needs rest and good soil and care for now. My 2 cents Aloha
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

My personal opinion is no.
      as the plant is that size and with almost many of the leaves affected. I would let them stay until you get more leaves. They will work, maybe not that good at photosynthesis. But better than nothing when the plant is that young.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Try & invest in some “silica” or do some research on that and that’ll help with the heat!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X