No announcement yet.

Dealing with hot soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've googled so much and it all points to too much nitrogen. I came here to ask how do you deal with hot soil. Almost not a single person agree that it is indeed too much nitrogen

Also, I have noticed today that other plants (non cannabis) which I have transplanted to the same soil, are also showing nute burn leaves. One plant has its lower leaves yellowing at the tips. Another plan that looks like a mini tree has all of its lower leaves turn completely yellow. Everything shows that it has to do with the soil and nothing else. The two other plants do not need wet/dry cycles so it's not overwatering there either I guess. Is that relevant? Also, thank you so much for bearing with me!

Comment

The problem is a lot of symptoms look alike. Root rot and root issues can look literally like anything as root rot hinders nutrient absorption making it look like ph issues or deficiencies. Only you can judge accurately because it's your grow. All we have to go off of is pics and stats. I still personally think its a root issue with a little too hot soil, but thats just my take from the pics and description.

As far as the nitrogen tox, i just cant see it. You say that everything points to nitrogen tox but i personally dont see the dark dark green and waxy leaves. Perhaps it is because your phone is adjusting it but unless we see what you see we cant agree. You talk about yellowing but yellowing is a nitrogen deficiency. I see burnt tips which tells me it's nute burn, but nothing that is a definitive nitrogen tox.

I mean i could say that it is too hot and the answer would be to either a) hope it doesn't have kill the plant or b) put it in some different soil. Sure you could super flush the soil, meaning just keep poring water into it in an attempt to wash away some of the extra nutes, but with vermiculite i wouldn't do that as it will probably drown the plants. I'm sorry we cant give you the answer you are looking for but were just a bunch of hobbyist growers doing our best to help each other out.

Comment

I apologise if I sounded like I am complaining about you guys. I was more complaining (or bitching) about myself not knowing and how confused I am getting. This is my very first grow and the way I see it is that everyone here has more experience and arguably there is more chance that your judgement is better than mine. That's why I was complaining about how uncertain I am, because your opinions matter more than mine - I might have better physical view, but I have much less insight/experience that I can apply it to that view. I do not believe that I am entitled to any response or help, and that every response I received here only came from kindness and eagerness to help another fellow human. That itself is enough for me to be very grateful to, and I am sorry if I sounded like anything else, because I really am grateful to being a part of such a helpful community.

I have actually gathered a lot of potential next-steps based on suggestions given here and already planning on apply them. All interactions were really helpful and I feel like we are going somewhere. I'll investigate this further and come back with updates (if you would have me do so). I might have a question or two based on your last given analysis. Thank you for taking the time to write me this thorough response (even when you felt like I am being condescending/entitled)!

Comment

We respond because we care! Everyone here has had to start as a beginner. Even with 20+ years of experience you still have things to learn. I know it's overwhelming, but it comes with time. Learn and live
          Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
          300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
          Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
          FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

If you dont ever make a mistake it is because you are not doing anything.
            You are at the right place now.

Comment

Dears, UPDATE:

So by the time I have posted here initially, I have flushed my three plants with 6 PH water, and after some advice regarding too much light here, I decreased the lights from 60k Lux to around 25-30k now. I've also added lots of perlite to the new seedling's new transplant pot. A day after I decreased the light (which could or not be related), I noticed that stems were getting longer/taller than their usual stunted rate. I was not sure and thought maybe I am fooling myself. Today I can CONFIRM that the two big plants are getting better! Growth rate is indeed much higher, and the branches are getting longer and moving further away from one another (compared to before where there was no changes in length but A LOT of foliage). What made me confirm is that one of the plants that had very curved leaves from the sides now began going back to being broad and wide like it was before I transplanted them into the new soil. I think we are getting somewhere! Thank you!

Could this all might have been from the excess light? Or does flushing usually work like that?

Comment

Flushing simply "flushes" an excess of salt and nutrients out of the soil. If there was a nutrient lockout, flushing it would have removed a loy of what may have been blocking it up. Do note that later down the line you might have to add nutes sense you flushed. Happy growing though. Glad it's getting better
                Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
                300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
                Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
                FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X