Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katkootsharmoot
    commented on 's reply
    I checked for bugs (not with a 30x - yet). Nothing unusual at all underneath the leave. Also, I think bugs usually leave "spots". All abnormalities on my leaves are either focused on yellow tips + generalized texture that looks like a burn.

New growth looks slightly deformed. When the leaves first erupt, they look super bright green but they are bent/curved downwards. After that, the yellow tips start.

Also, thank you to everyone who've been kind enough to try and help so far. Please keep them coming!

• Rwise
    replied
    Have you done a bug check? Use a 30X zoom lens and look at the under side of the leaves for signs of bugs. If only to eliminate that as the issue.
    How does any new growth look?

Leave a comment:

• katkootsharmoot
    replied
    Up! I don't mean to spam but the situation is getting worse and I have no other options to try. I don't want to lose the plants.

Leave a comment:

• katkootsharmoot
    commented on 's reply
    And drainage is fine. Not sure what's the metric but there is always a run-off and it dries in a day and half.

• katkootsharmoot
    commented on 's reply
    I've only gotten to measure PPM lately so not sure what you mean with vegetative PPM? You mean the run-off drain water or the watering water?

First thing I doubted was over watering. I made sure I'm spacing out the watering and bought a moisture meter for the soil to make sure I don't over-do it.

For when did the symptoms start: initially plant 1 and 2 were planted in a cheap soil I re-used. They grew fine except some lacking light which I fixed later (hence the stretching stems). Once I planted them to a bigger pot, filled with this new organic soil, the yellowing and the rest of the symptoms starting developing. The seedling was planted from the start (after germination) in that same organic soil.

• Gjourney101
    replied
    katkootsharmoot how is your drainage? I've read vegatative PPM is supposed to be between 300-400. You can read further into that. Make sure you're not over watering. Where did the symptoms first appear?

Leave a comment:

• katkootsharmoot
    commented on 's reply
    I thought the yellowing and excessive foliage is a certain nitrogen toxicity. Nonetheless, water pH is 6, PPM 92, soil pH (tested the soil in little water) is ~6.5. Original soil ph as per the package is 6.8.

• Gjourney101
    replied
    It doesn't look like nitrogen toxicity. Toxicity of nitrogen is displayed by dark green leaves. You are looking at a deficiency of some kind. Before you go adding nutrients or flushing your medium, check you water and pH. If your pH is off too much on either side of the fence, availability of nutrients will fluctuate immensely

Leave a comment:

• katkootsharmoot
    replied
    Better pics. HYG. Please keep in mind that I cut a lot of leaves that had worse yellow tips because of the overcrowding. It looked much worse than this.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Under normal light please, we cant see the real colour.

• Rwise
    replied
    I have read, but have no proof that 3 Tablespoons black strap molasses to each 1 gallon of water will reduce N by eating it.

Leave a comment:

• katkootsharmoot
    replied
    Here you go. Sorry my question was mainly about how to treat hot soil so I didn't think I needed the pics. But you're right, better to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Pictures

Leave a comment:

• katkootsharmoot
    started a topic HELP! Dealing with hot soil

Dealing with hot soil

Dears,

I've recently moved my plants to new organic potting soil. For the past 3 weeks, my plants started showing all signs of nitrogen toxicity, including yellowing, purple stems, stunted growth while there is an excessive amounts of leaves which look a bit deformed but they are all overcrowded. I'm very certain that it has to do with the soil being too hot for the. I've added no nutrients.

My question is, how do I deal with this situation? I do not have any access to better soil in my country so that's out of the question (for now). I've flushed the pots with ph'ed water but I am not sure if it's working. New leaves are looking much brighter green but still yellows on the tips.

Thank you in advance (and thank you for this wonderful community).

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X