X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Questions About the Flowering Phase

Hi,

I have some questions for flowering phase. I hope you can help me

1) Would it be a problem if the 12-hour dark period increases several times in the flowering phase? (eg due to power failure)

2) When you look at the photos, do you think I'm ready to proceed to the flowering phase?

3) In the vegetative phase, she was under sunshine for 5 hours a day and 15 hours under of CFL lights. Can I apply this during the flowering phase? (5 hours sunshine and 7 hours CFL?)

4) This is my first grow. Do you have any suggestions about the flowering phase and especially CFL grow for more yield?

Notes about the plant:

Jack Herer - Photoperiod

8th week in the vegetative phase

I will use 230w 2700K CFL Bulbs for Flowering Phase

You can check my diary on growdiaries.

https://www.growdiaries.com/diaries/...grower-the-new

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by GrowerNew; 06-02-2020, 07:33 AM.

1. It does not hurt to add dark, do not add light time to them when changing their schedule.
    2. On a photo plant one switches to 12s when they are happy with the size of their plant/s, leaving room for stretch.
    3. The more sunshine you can use the better, CFLs can be used but are weak.
    4. With CFLs I was running 1200 actual watts, I get more light with a single LED (mars Hydro 2000, 308 actual watts). Light is everything

Comment

• GrowerNew
      GrowerNew commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your care

Hello and welcome to the forum. I must say you have a very lush healthy looking plant for first timer good job for tying that gal down she is a wild grow. I have grown seedman Jack Herer and she get huge and long time flowering. Just flowering stage was 11-12 wks but she was top of the line yield wise and smoke one of the best.

You absolutely need a steady hr time of 12/12 during flowering. If you choose to use the CFLs the whole grow add more and from what I know about indoor grows 12/12 for photo period during flower. Best of luck
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• GrowerNew
      GrowerNew commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your comment. I hope mine won't take that long. It writes 9 weeks for the flowering stage on the Seedsman's site

I think I could not ask my first question properly due to my English's inadequacy. I'm trying again

Would there be a problem if there is a power cut on any day (or more) of the flowering phase?

In the vegetative phase, there was no problem when the light duration increased. Would it be a problem if the 12-hour dark period is prolongs several times for various reasons during flowering?

Comment

• GrowerNew
      GrowerNew commented
      Editing a comment
      katkootsharmoot I partially agree but the light fluctuations can make the plant hermie

• katkootsharmoot
      katkootsharmoot commented
      Editing a comment
      GrowerNew ah, so that's how evolution fixed the problem, haha. Okay noted.

• GrowerNew
      GrowerNew commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes

Autoflowers may be in your future. Good luck with your rolling blackouts.

Comment

• GrowerNew
      GrowerNew commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, i will continue to my grow life with autoflowers

It's less harmful to interrupt the light cycle than the dark cycle.
    Can you add a UPS to carry the lights for a while? At least a CFL/home LED or 3, just enuf to keep them awake.

Comment

• GrowerNew
      GrowerNew commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your comment. I can't add UPS in these days

GrowerNew Welcome to the forum. I lost power for a week a few years ago during late flower. I opened the curtains every day so my plants would get some light, and I kept to a strict schedule of 12 hours' darkness. They were fine.

The important thing during flower is not to interrupt the darkness schedule with any light.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I would proceed to the flowering phase.

• GrowerNew
      GrowerNew commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Korn

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      GrowerNew It depends on how much vertical space you have up to your grow lights. Plants will generally double in height when you switch them to flower, but many plants get taller than that.

See this article; https://www.growweedeasy.com/flowering-stretch

My guess is that after 8 weeks of veg you are ready to get to the flowering stage.
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

I'm going to flowering phase tomorrow. Thank you for your support and comments. It is nice to know that there are always people to consult here.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X