Help - Clear or Cloudy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Clear or Cloudy?

This is my first time looking at trichomes under a loupe. Is it okay to point the loupe at sugar leaves or should I inspect some other part of the plant? Also are the trichomes on one leaf indicatives of the state of the whole plant or should I look at different leaves to have a better idea? Finally I'm having some troubles understanding whether the photographed trichomes are clear or cloudy. Based on these pictures how ready or not for harvest is my plant?
    Post with 0 views. Amnesia Trichomes

Hi paolo31798 from what I see the trichomes are mainly clear. Having said that many people recommend you look at the trichomes located on the calyx's rather then the sugar leaves to make sure the flowers are ready to harvest. There are lots of articles and posts on just this subject in the forum and on the GWE site.
    GL with the grow.

Comment

They look clear on the leaf LOL do take a pic best you can of the bud trichomes.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by paolo31798 View Post
        This is my first time looking at trichomes under a loupe. Is it okay to point the loupe at sugar leaves or should I inspect some other part of the plant? Also are the trichomes on one leaf indicatives of the state of the whole plant or should I look at different leaves to have a better idea? Finally I'm having some troubles understanding whether the photographed trichomes are clear or cloudy. Based on these pictures how ready or not for harvest is my plant?
        You gotta hold your breath once under the scope its all the time you are allowed ...lol
        as its the general overall look and feel and ..er smell too
        meaning like an apple orchard apple trees don't all come down at once with golden apples but bit by bit

same with weed ..guess- ti- mate, an average of 50% white and 50% amber(if you like late?) trics to decide on the harvest moment

average for me would be when the bush is 50% clear with the other overall 50% white,

maybe some trics sun top most being amber

good luck

Comment

Thank you everyone for the suggestions, I checked the actual flower under the microscope and they definitely look still clear. I will make another post in a week to check on the progress.

Comment

Yes paolo31798 those trichs on the sugar leaves look pretty clear..next time you take some pics, try for the center of the bud itself..it'll give you a better idea of ripeness. I jam my my scope right into the side of the bud cause i cant seem to stop shaking when i take a pic, or any pic for that matter. Give us an update next photo op.
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
            Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
            Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• paolo31798
              paolo31798 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah it's definitely an hard skill to master especially cause of the limited space in my grow tent. I figured that by taking loads of pictures there must be a good one haha. I'm looking forward to posting an update soon!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X