Are These Seeds Feminized?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are These Seeds Feminized?

HI. I just finished my grow in a 3 by 3 tent of Pineapple Chunk and Mint Chocolate Chip. For me it went great, and I have bottled over 8 ounces of what looks like awesome bud. I did use a crap-load of light, mainly because i bought a new LED during the grow and was curious 600W HID and 300W LED in 3 by 3 tent. During trimming, I found several seeds on both plants, and also found a few mini male flowers on MCC c/w pollen (i stuck them in a bottle) as seen in the photo. I was wondering if the seeds would be useful, and now see a GWE article on making feminized seeds. It appears that I have inadvertently created feminized seeds since both in the tent were female. Note: I did start with 4 plants but at one week after light switch to flowering, the 2 Blackwaters showed their balls and they were removed right away. Are these feminized for sure? Thanks. If they are, I guess i wouldn't know if they would be hybrids since no way of knowing if PC also hermied. Even uncured, both are very nice - so I would ove to have more seeds of either. Thanks
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Sounds like you may have some regular seed and some feminized. Any that are regular will produce males and females. From the hermie, those seed would be feminized, however using the seed from a hermie that pollinated its self can and does pass down bad things, such as the tendency to hermie. Now I am not in any way saying dont use those seed, but I will say dont count on a good finish from them. They can go good, or bad it is a toss up.
    I did some bag seed from some CA weed, every single seed made a hermie. I have destroyed the seed they made calling them "self pollinating". It was fun growing them, and the bud was fairly good, better than the sack it came from, but for me a huge disappointment. I only finished 2 of 6 plants, I was after good seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootsy View Post
      HI. I just finished my grow in a 3 by 3 tent of Pineapple Chunk and Mint Chocolate Chip. For me it went great, and I have bottled over 8 ounces of what looks like awesome bud. I did use a crap-load of light, mainly because i bought a new LED during the grow and was curious 600W HID and 300W LED in 3 by 3 tent. During trimming, I found several seeds on both plants, and also found a few mini male flowers on MCC c/w pollen (i stuck them in a bottle) as seen in the photo. I was wondering if the seeds would be useful, and now see a GWE article on making feminized seeds. It appears that I have inadvertently created feminized seeds since both in the tent were female. Note: I did start with 4 plants but at one week after light switch to flowering, the 2 Blackwaters showed their balls and they were removed right away. Are these feminized for sure? Thanks. If they are, I guess i wouldn't know if they would be hybrids since no way of knowing if PC also hermied. Even uncured, both are very nice - so I would ove to have more seeds of either. Thanks
      you do know the difference between Feminised and Herm'ed seed..?

Comment

• Bootsy
        Bootsy commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually. I'm not sure i understand. so, a female plant is stressed to produce pollen. If that pollen leads to seeds on the same plant, they are Herm'd seeds? if they pollinate flowers from another plant they are feminized? herm'd= bad as they likely have tendency to herm. - which actually could be what happened this time, based on the guy i got the seeds from. If I am now correct, then I will make note and not plan on using these seeds. the small investment in seeds compared to all the trouble and cost growing isnt in my plans. i do have friends who are not as picky and will love em. thanks for the notes folks. I feelvery fortunate to be in a position where i can be picky.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        You got it, hermies can bring many bad things forward, and some say we are destroying our favorite weed by feminizing it. (also brings forward a chance of hermies, just not as great) and that the future holds self pollinating plants.

Yes Bootsy once we wander out of the guessing game of seeds and start going to reputable seed banks those other seeds we just find or are given will take a seat at the rears. I tell you some of the weed we grow knocks our socks off now with the genetics. We don't need as much intake as we use to with the old seed dryed out weed we use to get LOL. Those were fun but now with all the money we put into growing quality may as well put it into good seed genetics at least for our house and then you clone the shit out of it. LOL
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Bootsy
        Bootsy commented
        Editing a comment
        total agreement. Cloning. wow! It was so easy! things are clicking as i go along. I just got tempted by seeing the seeds coming from nice harvest. unbelievable quality home stuff. it seems to last forever, and considering the harvest volumes i got in my little tent, quality genetics is all i will do from now on. in fact my original plans were to get clones off the best of what are already some choice seed/plants. what was i thinking?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X