Plant dying at 5th week of flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant dying at 5th week of flowering

Hello, I beg for some quick help. So the thing is I have 2 bubble gum plants at the time in 12 litre (3 gallon) pots. I am using soil and they are now 4 months old, 5 week of flower. I have been feeding Advanced nutrients BLOOM, and CalMag at the indicated dosage according to the bottles. I am using tap water dechlorinated for 24 hours and pH at 6.5. I water my plants every 4 days or so, depending on how dry the soil is. Mostly, the bottom leaves are turning yellow on the veins annd then dying not so long after. It all starts on the veins, and the some thick sports occur and the leave is gone in 2 days time. Please I need help urgently.

Light info (16000 lumens for a 2x3):
    1.cfl 20watts 6400k
    2. 2x led 15 watts 6400k
    3.2x20 watts COB 3500k
    4.COB 30 watts 3500k
    5. 2xled 8 watts each blurple
    6. Cfl 15 watts 3500k
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Borjaazul; 05-31-2020, 08:35 AM.

Take a picture of the whole plant and give light and tent info. Just use this same thread don't begin a new one. Less confusion
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Borjaazul
      Borjaazul commented
      Editing a comment
      Updated, thank you so much for you reply

Originally posted by Borjaazul View Post
    Hello, I beg for some quick help. So the thing is I have 2 bubble gum plants at the time in 12 litre (3 gallon) pots. I am using soil and they are now 4 months old, 5 week of flower. I have been feeding Advanced nutrients BLOOM, and CalMag at the indicated dosage according to the bottles. I am using tap water dechlorinated for 24 hours and pH at 6.5. I water my plants every 4 days or so, depending on how dry the soil is. Mostly, the bottom leaves are turning yellow on the veins annd then dying not so long after. It all starts on the veins, and the some thick sports occur and the leave is gone in 2 days time. Please I need help urgently.
    something missing here can't think what it was

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=411649.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	395.8 KB
ID:	412825
      best solution and easiest is just pot up to the next size with fresh compost this time add 25% perlite no nutes 2-3 weeks
      or until you see upside
      Attached Files

Comment

• Borjaazul
        Borjaazul commented
        Editing a comment
        Defo, I have to add a lot more perlite for now it looks like its able to live. Begginer issues... Thanks a lot!!

12 liters it not much for 4 months old plant, in that size in week 5 of bloom.
      I’m with Vostok here. Need a pot up, not ideal in flower phase for sure. But it’s not big.
      What about the drainage in that pot? When it takes 4 days to water again, it should be drinking/eating a lot in this stage.
      And it also looks like You have nute burn when I zoom in on the whole plant, many tips are burned, not just on the main leaf.

Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Borjaazul
        Borjaazul commented
        Editing a comment
        Completely right, I will do so for the next plants. This one looks better now after a flush

If it were me I would get a bigger
      pot. Then after she settles in I’d trim the lower ones that are yellowing right off in case it spreads. Or you could trim
      them
      and then transplant she
      looks big and healthy so she can probably handle
      it, mine did.

Comment

• Borjaazul
        Borjaazul commented
        Editing a comment
        That is right, although the nut problem was covered, looks like it was ph problem as it was solved with a flush. Pot and drainage will be improved for sure haha. Thanks a lot!!

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        It doesn’t help to just cut leaves of and the spread will stop. You need to find a diagnosis first or else the spread will continue

Originally posted by Xconian View Post
      If it were me I would get a bigger
      pot. Then after she settles in I’d trim the lower ones that are yellowing right off in case it spreads. Or you could trim
      them
      and then transplant she
      looks big and healthy so she can probably handle
      it, mine did.
      what if you ....kept the faulty leaves and used them as 'control points' like the pros do...?

Comment

• Xconian
        Xconian commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t know anything about that, do explain please

• SiriusFourside
        SiriusFourside commented
        Editing a comment
        Xconian I'm not sure if vostok and I are talking about the same thing, but I keep damaged leaves on the plant as a way to tell if problems are getting better/worse. Leaves that are already damaged tend to get it the worst, so they're a good "canary in the coal mine" so to speak.

• Xconian
        Xconian commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah gotcha that makes sense

at risk of hijacking Borjaazul's thread and suffering yet more abuse from @alltatup I decline

but urge you to google for now

cheers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X