Purple stems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple stems?

Hello my Friends, I'm growing a Norther Lights Auto, outdoors, day 76 today, and I noticed some of the stems are turning purple/purple streaks in them. I don't think it's mould. I have been adding black strap molasses to the water, could that do it, or maybe it's just genetics? Anyone else have this issue? Any thoughts/suggestions?

More likely to be the sunshine, or even a genetic thing, I have seen plants completely purple.

Comment

cool, i feel much better now! I hate MOULD!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s not a problem. A few stripes here and there, purple petioles and purple leaves and buds are common, some strains purple no matter what. Others turn as they go thru stress like cold. For it to be a real issue the plant would have to be suffering and having other symptoms. I have a gsc descendant strain that always turns dark purple when I clone it. And during flowering it stripes purple in the branch but no purple flower or leaves

Originally posted by johnb1963 View Post
      Hello my Friends, I'm growing a Norther Lights Auto, outdoors, day 76 today, and I noticed some of the stems are turning purple/purple streaks in them. I don't think it's mould. I have been adding black strap molasses to the water, could that do it, or maybe it's just genetics? Anyone else have this issue? Any thoughts/suggestions?
      purpling weed plants and all is stalled sap often due to a cold breeze many claim genetics which often is the same

here you have added sugars to that sap thats stiffens when cold even more

good luck

Comment

I get em purple stems not to worry
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I've had it this year on my strongest plant. Thought it was a temperature thing. My tent was only 62-68 degrees. It never slowed down and it grew like crazy. Was the one that gave me fits for room in the tent. In the ground now and doing great.

Comment

Some of it can be genetics, Cool temps can also produce it.
            Phosphorous deficiency in early flower can also do this.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X