Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You need to leave town...who's going to watch the kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to leave town...who's going to watch the kids?

Hi folks! So how do you guys water and maintain your babies when you're away from home for an extended period...on vacation and what not? Do you ask a trusted friend? Or plan your grows around vacations? I'm still gearing up for my first grow and I know I'll be out of town for at least 4 consecutive days in the heat of the summer. I'm hoping to have harvested by then, but I'm not sure how quickly I can get up and running. Thanks!
    Started 1st grow 4/28/17
    3x3 Apollo tent
    600w MH/HPS
    Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil
    Fox Farm nutes
    White Widow x 2 and Papaya x 2

Easily Grow Cannabis at Home: Vacation during a Grow

Comment

• RubySlippers
      RubySlippers commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, pretty simple! I'm more concerned with watering since I'll have the lights on a timer in a tent. I didn't realize you can just give them a larger dose of properly ph'd water. Totally doable. Thanks, DNN!

I actually have not gotten to put it to the test as I'm waiting on back order for my shed. Not to mention have had to make adjustments to include liquid nutrients in water supply once a week so the PH measuring is the only thing that I'm working on including. Anyway, the system I designed has the light panels on motorized cables, which can pull the panels into a water tight box and roll them out on a timer. The watering system has sensors that when moisture falls to low in the pots, they trigger a relay that turns on the water until either the moisture sensor kicks in to turn it off of a 1 minute delay kicks in should the moisture sensor fail. Should a fire start, the light panels get pulled in and once the reed switch gets hit, not only do the misters go on which water the plants, several other external solenoids kick in turning on overhead sprinklers as well, but not before hitting a relay that kills power to the entire shed. If heat sensors pick up heat after the water turns on, or should the power fail (Not caused by relay) or any light panels get stuck there is a last resort that kicks in which is a foam fire suppressant, which I hope never has to be used as it will kill the plants. I had designed this long before I started growing my plants, but with what I have learned, a lot of other features need to be added. When its complete, I'll post pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord-Xanthor View Post
      I actually have not gotten to put it to the test as I'm waiting on back order for my shed. Not to mention have had to make adjustments to include liquid nutrients in water supply once a week so the PH measuring is the only thing that I'm working on including. Anyway, the system I designed has the light panels on motorized cables, which can pull the panels into a water tight box and roll them out on a timer. The watering system has sensors that when moisture falls to low in the pots, they trigger a relay that turns on the water until either the moisture sensor kicks in to turn it off of a 1 minute delay kicks in should the moisture sensor fail. Should a fire start, the light panels get pulled in and once the reed switch gets hit, not only do the misters go on which water the plants, several other external solenoids kick in turning on overhead sprinklers as well, but not before hitting a relay that kills power to the entire shed. If heat sensors pick up heat after the water turns on, or should the power fail (Not caused by relay) or any light panels get stuck there is a last resort that kicks in which is a foam fire suppressant, which I hope never has to be used as it will kill the plants. I had designed this long before I started growing my plants, but with what I have learned, a lot of other features need to be added. When its complete, I'll post pictures.
      COOOOL !! I can't wait to see this !!
      Lojo

Comment

Wow! I'm super impressed! I'd love to see pics when you get it going!
        Started 1st grow 4/28/17
        3x3 Apollo tent
        600w MH/HPS
        Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil
        Fox Farm nutes
        White Widow x 2 and Papaya x 2

Comment

I've done 1-week vacations during grows several times. I keep my smart pots in catch pans for runoff and usually vacuum out the runoff, but before leaving for a week I just overwater and leave the runoff in the pans. Plants are always fine when I get back. This is with coco and of course light/climate are all controlled automatically. Longer than a week would be tough but I never get away for longer...

Comment

I watered mine at bottom of pot reservoir filled up and left for a week, seemed to like being ignored, it worked.peace

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X