Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Afgan Kush & Wedding Cake ( Unkown seed gender/type))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Afgan Kush & Wedding Cake ( Unkown seed gender/type))

So yo! I am growing an Afghan Kush at the request of my wife. She is just over 6 weeks now. I am trying the manifold technique again. I hope i have it thought out well this time. I have a half and half mix of bio bizz soil light mix and coco coir. I add mycorzioal in with it to. I use bio biz nutes. Fish mix mainly and also a foliar spray occauonally. Got a reasonable size set up. Updates will follow.....

Ps......

I got some smoke from a friend, Wedding Cake. Really strong but i found 9 seeds in the buds. Normally i wouldnt be happy but as I said it was good smoke and I luckily grow. Not sure if feminised or if it will be male. Time will tell. I'm not doing much with it, probably keep it small and play around with some training ideas. I'm not to bothered about yield just curious. Updates will follow

Lucky you with the bag seed. Since I have plenty of fems going I started a bag seed also for old time sake. And your wedding cake seems to be very popular these days
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by MrHappy81 View Post
      So yo! I am growing an Afghan Kush at the request of my wife. She is just over 6 weeks now. I am trying the manifold technique again. I hope i have it thought out well this time. I have a half and half mix of bio bizz soil light mix and coco coir. I add mycorzioal in with it to. I use bio biz nutes. Fish mix mainly and also a foliar spray occauonally. Got a reasonable size set up. Updates will follow.....

Ps......

I got some smoke from a friend, Wedding Cake. Really strong but i found 9 seeds in the buds. Normally i wouldnt be happy but as I said it was good smoke and I luckily grow. Not sure if feminised or if it will be male. Time will tell. I'm not doing much with it, probably keep it small and play around with some training ideas. I'm not to bothered about yield just curious. Updates will follow
      ....but have you thanked your buddy for the 9 seeds...?

Comment

• MrHappy81
        MrHappy81 commented
        Editing a comment
        @vostok..... lol, yeh i did actually. I'm also updating him on it's progress via whatsapp every week. Not sure if i have a hard neck or not but wondered if I could sell some back some to him! Cheapest bit I think i bought!

Hey, small update on Afgan and wedding cake. 10 ltrs water for afgan with 20% run off. 2ml fish mix per litre, I add same water through wedding cake.

I am still training afgan, onto 8 colas, so i am thinking of going for 16 and that's about it. I will post more training photos soon.

Wedding cake trial: i am debating about pot size for her. I dont have room for a bigger pot. May keep her small and train her a little. I have been trimming back leaves and will concentrate on maybe 4 small colas and see what happens.

Apoligies, the photos may be slightly mixed up from 5th June and 7th. There will be differences.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you seen whether it's male or female yet?

• MrHappy81
        MrHappy81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not seen yet, I've not seen any (balls) Male/ female signs. When do the signs of sex normally show? She is about 7-8 weeks old now

Hey, so tonight i did some changes to the lighting layout and topped the afgan again.

I first tonight topped the Afgan again so I now have 16 small little colas waiting to grow up big amd strong for me. I inserted a grow frame to assist with training and support. The light fits nicely through it luckily!!! I will adjust the height accordingly. The wedding cake is on the deck now with its own wee light.

I am contemplating buying another LED light so i dont have to mess around so much with adjusting all the lights when i can simplify it. There is also a need for me to make a small stand for the wedding cake to raise it up a little. Also, I must transplant it into a new bigger pot, well slightly bigger. That will be a job for tom evening. Good night everyone
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi everyone. Apoligies for disappearing for a while again, life can sometimes just get in the way and not felt to great. Fighting mental battles but i am coming out on the other side! But anyway i should talk about my grow as thats why im here. So the Afgan Kush and the wedding cake have been doing well. I am in about week 7 of flower now and i am very happy with there progress. My girls are looking good and smell amazing, afgan is very fruity and strong. Definitely a favourite smell so far. The wedding cake is very beautiful, very sparkly and a nice strong smell. So different from the Afgan. I am growing a cheese auto in with them but i am having slight trouble with yellowing leaves. I am trying cal mag to see if that helps. Aslong as i get something from it I would be happy.

One change I have done is change my nutrients to a dutch company range called Bio bizz. I use most of the range and they are all organic which i obviously prefer. I use a grow, alg-a-mic, bio heaven, acti-vera, top-max, bio bloom and cal mag. Varying ratios by following a guide given on there site.
        There have been some changes to my grow area, removed the partition or ripped it out to be more precise as it was glued in!! I have decided to do some mods to it when I'm done this grow.
        I will try to give some more updates as i go along, maybe not frequently but i shall try. I hope you enjoyed looking at my girls as much as i do.

Cheers

Comment

Hiya MrHappy81 did you ever get a different light? I had re read your last post......surprise hehe. Is that a bag seed wedding cake ? Did you get it from store bought bud? I've got some fem. seed of Wedding Cake i'll start after New Year so i'm real interested when i see other wedding cakes
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• MrHappy81
            MrHappy81 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi SoOrbudgal I did get a new light yeh. I gor a cheap adjustable 300 watt led. It seems to be working well and the girls like it. Its maybe not too of the line but it will do me. The seeds were bag seed so from what ive been told it could be wedding cake or possibly end up being one of the parent plants. But I'm not sure whether the original plant was from regular seeds or feminised. The buds are lovely though and im happy with it so far. A good few weeks left.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X