Can someone please help me answer this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone please help me answer this

Do i have to add carbon filter to tent when no scent is there can i just leave it off until scent arrives. Thanks for answering.
    IO'D

Its only purpose is to reduce odor, if there is no odor then I would not run it, save it for when its needed..

Comment

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      yessir..i wouldnt even take it out of its bag yet if your not gonna be using it anytime soon.

If your humidity is in check without it running then I'd also save it for when you need it

Comment

Originally posted by Corogold View Post
      Do i have to add carbon filter to tent when no scent is there can i just leave it off until scent arrives. Thanks for answering.
      Back in the day these were very expensive due to the carbon coming from strange and far places like Australia even South Africa,
      hence if you buy one ensure you can change the carbon inside your self ,(with ease) like buying one with screws ..rather than rivitted together, lol
      to extend its life avoid running if you can in the rain or when rain is due as the vapor but clogs up the carbon make it almost useless until it gets a chance toi dry out

indeed extend its life for only the worst of the stink IMO

good luck

Comment

Thanks guys really helps me out. Im newb to indoor grows ive only ever grown guerilla grows and my backyard beautys so i hope i can get my head into the rythm of things. Thanks for taking ya time to help me out guys .
        IO'D

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Good to see ya back around, I was worried about you for a bit.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello Corogold you will get the hang of it after the first couple grows or maybe you'll just do great with your first indoor grow. Either way good to hear from you. Outdoor is up and running in the states

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Newbie or not- I seen your 1st outdoor grow.... I think you'll do juuuust fine indoors as well. Glad to have ya back!

I run my 24/7 right from the start. it's main purpose is to pull fresh air, full of co2, air into the tent, and pull out the co2 depleted air. mine is veritable speed,so I run it at half speed to start, and as the plant grows, i gradually increase the speed.

Comment

My filter is always attached to my fan and the fan comes on when it hits 80 in veg and 24/7 during late flower due to odor. If you wanted to attach/detach as odors dictated, absolutely. A good filter should last several years.
          Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Hey guys and gals sorry for not keeping in touch but heres some pics of my 1st indoor growsetup. Purchased off my 1st outdoor grow funds. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200611_215306.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	415699Click image for larger version

Name:	20200611_215246.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	415698
            IO'D

Comment

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              That's slick!

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks real good, that tent is going to be full in no time.

Is it setup correctly to what you can see in pics. My temps 24c and humidity is 55%. This is without my inline fan and carbon filter turned on so what i can gather i should remove carbon filter and save till needed correct.
            IO'D

Comment

And when i do turn inline fan on my sides of tent shrink in alot what do i do to stop that and if i dont have Inline fan on do i need to get little fans for inside even if my temp and humidity are in check.
              IO'D

Comment

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                I been told you want that negative pressure when the sides suck in a little.
                I would (& do) have 2 oscillating fans blowing on the plants & 2 exhaust fans in each tent.

Thanks for answers
              IO'D

Comment

Thanks guys thank you jdu for compliminates on my outdoor grow. so im growing the last of my saved autoflower seeds which ive put 10 seeds in papertowel 25hrs ago ive got 9 pots in tent with cannacoco plus and pumice. 5 have taproot seeds in pots. I have 4 seeds towait to pop. The seeds are all autoflowers feminized from whitewidowrocks canadian seedbank. Breeds are Pinapple express. Amnesia x. Gorrilla widow. Girl scout cookie. Mi5.
                IO'D

Comment

Hello there fella and your tent looks great. Really once you get the lights figured out with height that your plants tolerate and keep the temps. and air flow at decent level your gonna love it. Autos love that light and we know you got skills Lots of drainage holes in the plastic pots and keep us posted. Best of luck
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks guys and gals im going to do my best and il keep ya posted im going to start a 1st indoor grow journal please follow it please cause youre help and support and knowledge is crucial to me learning all good and neagative feedback aknowledged
                    IO'D

Comment

Hey guys and gals just wondering if this is a alright setup and control systym
                      IO'D

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X