Question from a new time grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question from a new time grower

This is a Strawberry Cheesecake Auto. My concern is the shape of the CALYX on the buds. They seem to be sticking straight out. They don't look like any of the pictures of buds I've seen before. Is this normal??? By the way, I'm in the 7th or 8th week of flower. Thanks!

called foxtailing and its sometimes genetics or some kind of stress
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

I've grown a bunch of the Strawberry Cheesecake autos and that's how the most common pheno grows. The buds are essentially made up 100% of foxtails from the beginning that just keep on stacking and shooting out foxtails. It's quite impressive looking and fun to watch while they're flowering then you get the beautiful autumn colors as they finish. The buds will be a bit lighter than average of course but they will be quite large, sticky and hairy as can be. A good flavor and stone that isn't quite anyone's favorite but everyone likes it and it consistently gets picked over several auto and photo varieties I have on hand.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well this is good to know FunkyButtLovin

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Another is Santa Marta Colombian Gold, also Piebert, many Sativas grow this way. These can be really good for humid climates as they tend to carry more disease resistance. Buds are not as dense, but certainly good!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X