Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting parts of leaves rather than removing entire leaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting parts of leaves rather than removing entire leaves?

I have a Northern Lights autoflower in soil on day 22. I've started LSTing it in a spiral, but at the moment the plant is leaning only to one side of the pot because I've only just started LST so there's not enough growth to reach the other side yet. There are so many fan leaves that I'm having trouble every day getting light to the lowest bud sites. Since it's pretty young I'm kind of scared to do any defoliating, I've been tucking the larger leaves under but definitely starting to run out of space. Does anyone just cut parts of leaves off? I'd like to leave as much as possible if it'll help the plant recover whilst maximising my light.

Thanks!

At that size, don't worry about light penetration. I've only heard of cutting fan leaves in half when cloning. I don't think there's an advantage to doing that to a plant in normal veg.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Let it grow - doesn't really have enough leaves to cut any - looks like lots of light to me.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Awesome thanks everyone, I'll keep my hands off!

Comment

I take the middle finger out of some big fan leaves but Bigger plants to get better penitration when the plant is a couple feet tall. But before flower I take over 50 percent of the leaves right off. But that's just me, well not just me I'm sure but we all stay in our comfort zone. Sometimes we have to Skirt the edge of that zone to see what's possible.
          Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
          sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
          4 plants currently under 500w
          2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
          GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
          Happy growing/consuming 🥴
          Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X