Trichomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trichomes

According to my seed supplier the flowering stage of my plants is 9 weeks. I am a couple of days away from nine weeks. My pistols are all brown and curled in. But my trichomes are still clear. How fast do the trichomes change from clear to cloudy?
    Starts
    05-26-2020
    Ends
    05-27-2020

Seed suppliers always advertise the quickest flowering time they've observed. Some phenotypes of the same strain can take another few weeks more to finish. Is this a sativa-dominant strain? If 100% of pistils are brown, it can't be too many more days until you see cloudy trichomes. Clear ones look like glass, cloudy ones look like they're made of plastic and amber ones are a bit harder to see initially.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetman View Post
      According to my seed supplier the flowering stage of my plants is 9 weeks. I am a couple of days away from nine weeks. My pistols are all brown and curled in. But my trichomes are still clear. How fast do the trichomes change from clear to cloudy?
      yes breeders are at best 'Lies Downright ' anything for a quick sale more so if the strain/pheno is yet stablized,

and many are not, and much has to do with you grow style or method too

don't forget trics won't flip all at once but in small stages

good luck

Comment

Sometimes it can take weeks for cloudy and amber after the stated date. It's a patience game now just gotta wait it out. But please do not harvest early you won't be happy and all the time $$ growing.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Pictures would sure help.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

What strain is it? Some Sativas never turn cloudy.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I always examine tric's until I'm cross-eyed. Then give it another week.
              Focus and relativity.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X