yellow leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yellow leaves

hi there i am a new member in need of help. Badly. i am currently working on my second attempt. the first attempt stayed small and stopped growing.i had to shut it down ! i changed my soil to 4 parts promix premium with 2 parts perlite and 1 part worm castings. i am running 2 viparspectra600s. circ fan and exhaust fans. GreenPlanet 1 part nutes. i have 3 auro gorilla ogs and 1 auto cheese almost a week behind the gog"s. i am almost into week 9. the gorillas all turned yellow. started on the bottom then spread to the whole plants. then got brown spots. now the cheese is showing signs of the same sort of thing. white leafs

How long have the been in flower? It looks like they're about done & dyin off.......

Comment

gx31 the yellowing is normal life cycle for many strains when the end is near some strains stay green hardly any changes in leaf color. But gorilla strains for me always faded well. Have fun.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

im going into the 9th week. some grow diaries said they would go 10 to 14 weeks. i was very worried i hurt them again. not sure if i am feeding wrong. ph seems good after i add nutes. i use rain water. it seems to have 8.1 ph is that possible?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Hang in there last weeks are hard on patience, she'll improve.

8,1 ? My experience this is a high number.
        I know nothing about your soil. It’s not a living soil right ?
        But normal the range in soil is from 6,0-7,0. Most people keep it around 6,5..

but I’m a little anxious if your PH is that high.
        it’s totally possible to end an auto flower around 9 weeks. I did that myself. But when I look at your hairs - they are all white yet - what I can see on the pictures. No brown hair yet on them ?
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• gx31
          gx31 commented
          Editing a comment
          no brown hairs yet

What kind of pH tester are you using? I would ask the question to the forum, maybe wrong in this tread...but can pH meters accurately measure the pH of rain water. I've read places it is difficult for the meter to get an accurate reading.

Comment

• P4T2S0D
          P4T2S0D commented
          Editing a comment
          His results below show it didn't talk much pH down to drop 2 full points. So if rain water has even a tiny amount of some alkaline component...the meter reads high...as soon as .5 ml of acid is added...it can now understand the proper pH of the rain water but the acid was really only working off 7.0 pH not 8.1

So my next question is...do you need to pH test rain water if it is used in a soil grow with no nutrients...we don't on outdoor grows...rain just happens. If we believe it is 8.1 would the soil pH not go up and harm the plants over time?

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe - I’ve never thought of that really ?
          But then he still have a lockout of some point. Right ?

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I do know tap water have stabilization in it, so it’s not going up&down all the time.
          Rain water don’t, so it’s harder to maintain the prober PH level over time. This is what you are asking about right ?
          Last edited by CaptainWiese91; 05-28-2020, 04:40 PM.

i borrowed a bluelab ph pen to check my set up. i got a reading of
        rain water ...8.,1
        tap water ... 7.4
        full flower nutes...6.2
        5l rain water plus .5 ml ph down...6.5
        i have been worried that i have nutrient lock

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Try the flush and add new nutrients in the right range of PH.
          . If the Ph was the same after one day, then it’s not the rain water. Yea autos flower pretty quickly, but I still believe you can save it.

• gx31
          gx31 commented
          Editing a comment
          sorry i wasnt clear. straight rain water 8.1 , i added .5 ml ph down and it went to 7.1. the next day i tested more rain water at 8.1 but the solution i had treated the day before still read 7.1 my nutes mix was reading at 6.2 im so confused. i am going to try tap water

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m a little too. Anyway you need to flush as a solution, then add the new nutes, and see if that’s helps

But why don’t you use tap water ? If I may ask. ?
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X