Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Plant Could it Be Hermie?

Hello everyone,

My plant is in the 7th week of the vegetative phase. I was holding it in the 18/6 light cycle. 10 days ago, I changed it to 20/4 light cycle. I just realized that this could be a mistake. So I want to ask you. Is this a mistake? Because of this mistake, my plant could it be hermie?

​​​​​​My plant is Jack Herer (Feminized). I bought from Seedsman.

You can visit my growdiaries Web Page https://www.growdiaries.com/diaries/...grower-the-new
    Last edited by GrowerNew; 05-26-2020, 03:37 PM.

I don’t know why you say Herm.. because some people run 24hr some 18/6 so don’t see why 20/4 would make difference in Veg..you find out when you flip her to 12/12
    leaves 🍁 look healthy/ plant looks healthy let it ride bro ...might be surprised 👊🏽
    420Chicano ( Auto Flower Run ) before Xmas!
    Fox farm Ocean 🌊Forrest 3gallon Fabric pots
    2 Lemon Skunk Plants
    (Maybe AONL ) if Seed sprouts (waiting) 😊☝️
    CFL/Led lights set up...taking these girls pretty close to Couch Lock 🔐

Comment

An article I read on this site wrote that changing the light cycle causes hermie.

Learn the difference between male and female cannabis plants, and find out what to do with "hermies" (female plants showing male pollen sacs or bananas).

It writes :

Inconsistent Light Schedules & Light Leaks – When plants don’t get light at the same time each day, or if they’re exposed to light during their dark period (light leak). For photoperiod plants, this might be the largest contributor to hermies

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea you are right. But I won’t happen, if you shift the schedule 1 single time from 18/6 fx to 12/12. It’s not a problem.
        But if you shift you light on 8 am every morning and shut it 8 pm every night - and then suddenly it’s 8.15 pm you shut the light and the next day 8 pm again, then you will confuse the plants and stress then to be hermie..
        so the light must be turned on/off same time every day..

No, i shift from 18/6 to 20/4. She is still at vegetative stage.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was just explaining what will cause it to hermie. Shifting from 18/6 to 20/4 won’t make that happen. So you are safe on that point. In my opinion of course.

Thank you so much. You relaxed my heart.

I think of going to the flowering stage after 3 weeks. I'll let you know.

If anyone has a different comment, please write

Comment

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        Like captain said you don't have to worry right now. But if you went to 12on12off then went to 20 4 you could do some damage. But in veg there's some wiggle room. But if flower it's one of the most important things to stay steady with time on n off and the time you turn on and off. Way back I used to veg and turn my lights manually and never screwed the veg. But I learned really quick when I fucked my first flowering plant by getting forgetful (stoned as fuck). I only had to miss 2 nights in a week of the right time and I had a banana farm.

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jordann is right.
        I was drunk one evening and forgot ten minutes late to shut my light off, and one plant made sacs, but I just took my time everyday to find them, and cut em’ off. Have no sacs or no bananas now 🙏🏻

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        I just grew mine out, fack I still have seeds like 8 years later 🙃

Thank you Captain, roger that

Comment

Jordan i just saw your message. Thank you for the information

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X