First Season Grow, OUTDOOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Season Grow, OUTDOOR

Hello growmies! this is my first post on a cannabis growing forum showing everyone my grow!
    I live in the cowichan valley on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. In my greenhouse, i have 3 white widow autos that are about 36 days from germination. i am also growing a notorious OG, a hawaiian sativa and a gelato in the same greenhouse (photoperiod strains). the auto flowers are in 7 gal fabric pots filled with coco and 30 % perlite, being fed Remo Nutrients at 700ppm and pH 5.8 (currently). the other 3 plants are in just-larger-than 1 gal pots and are fed the same strength nutes. for the last week, i have created and followed a chart that records input ppm/pH and output ppm/pH so i have a good idea of the level of nutrients available to the roots.

the photos posted will be a combination of pics from when i first got my clones/ germinated my seeds and more updated pics from recently. please drop any comments or feedback that you may have, if there is one thing about growing cannabis that i am learning, it is to never stop learning!
    Attached Files

Looks great so far.

I have boated on Cowichan Lake - so I know where you're coming from - also have a niece lives in your area.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I’m having thoughts of uprooting one of the auto flowers, one of my grow friends believes it is a mutation, but i think it could be the stems rotting. regardless, the seedling has signs of slow growth and is already behind the 8 ball. so i figure it’s better for me to pull the plug than to continue with the nutrients and wait for a minuscule harvest. plus 5 plants will be easier to manage in the tight space that is my greenhouse. i intend on posting updated photos on a weekly basis to keep you guys informed

Comment

i was able to take some update pictures to the girls in the sun today. the white widow that was previously not doing so well has grown a new set up leaves above the rotten-appearing ones, so i’ll let her grow out a little while longer before i decide to pull the plug. note that the plant with the discolouration and twisting of the leaves was a gelato clone i got from a friend that had kept it in a dark garage for a period of time before i got her. she reacted poorly to her first day of intense sunlight, but she continues to produce new growth.
        Attached Files

Comment

rebuilt the door to my greenhouse today with some friends and some tokes. i folded over the hawaiian yesterday, and 2 days ago i topped her at the highest growth development. i remove the plants from the greenhouse from about noon to 4, but i can leave them in there until about 2 pm until the sun is shaded by my cherry tree. the auto flowers have grown noticeably today, with the hindering one making progress.
          Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome RatmanOG and happy days for a better growing season it's a struggle in the PNW but once the summer days hit it gets fast growth. Such a beautiful area you live I just love the coast line . I also have a small green house for those days of poor weather it's a must. I also train my photos now outdoors to keep them lower in order to fit inside LOL. Good luck I've got autos going outside also right now with my photos. I will send warmer dry weather your way via so. Oregon.

today was a gorgeous day in the valley, temperatures peaking at 26°C and the sun was very intense. plants spent most of the time out of the greenhouse and in the direct sun in my hard. i trained WW#1 and the hawaiian with soft plant ties secured to the plant handle. ive begun feeding my largest plant everyday because the weather has been quite warm the last few days and she has a lot of new developing leaves. i recorded the nutrient solution at 660 ppm and pH 5.8 but i didn’t test the run off this time. i tied a few of her branches down too. some pics are from 05/27 and some from 05/28
          Attached Files

Comment

did a few transplants today. moved the notorious og into a 10 gal fabric pot and the hawaiian into a 7gal. then i exposed my plants to a little more low stress training, just to shape the plants better. everyone is growing healthy and rapidly.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm kinda regretting my 15gal at the moment. I like those 10gal lighter for me. Great going
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• RatmanOG
                RatmanOG commented
                Editing a comment
                yeah i could imagine how heavy a 15 gal pot with roots and water is. my greenhouse is small so the smaller pots will make it easy to take the plants elsewhere. i think i am going to have good results in the 10 gal pot

where should i top this clone at? screenshot and circle
              Attached Files

Comment

it seems all the girls have bounced back nicely after being transplanted. everyone has been fed twice since being transplanted, but the runoff water from the notorious OG is coming out 1000+ ppm, which is about 200-300 ppm higher than the run off of all the other plants. not sure what causes this, so i’m considering a flush after the next feed. did some light defoliation to the larger plants, trying to increase light penetration as well as create more breathing room between the branches. my plants’ growth is becoming more noticeable every day.
                Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Howdy fellow outdoor grower looking good grow wise. Now let's get the sun to shine for a few months or longer LOL.

Think next year I'll try a small green house. Just have to get it by the wife. Just a hobby for me so expenses are a struggle.

Comment

the weather has not made up it’s mind lately. thunderstorms are forecasted today with maybe 2 days of sun in the 10 day forecast. but that’s why i built a greenhouse lol. i want to say all the materials and everything was close to $100, that’s it. not a very big cold frame, but it’ll do the job for the summer. it’s going to be packed with plants in no time!

Comment

my garden is looking pretty good. still battling with a handful of bugs that are enjoying a leaf buffet. I spent a little bit of time training each plant a little bit more, and i’m pretty happy with how each plant is looking. I decided it was time for the Gelato clone to make it into her final home, which is a 7gal fabric pot.

after some reading on the forum and other websites, i decided to make a DIY C02 generator using yeast and sugar in a 5 gal bucket with an air stone and a water heater. i then ran a hose from the top of the bucket lid and hooked it up to my oscillating fan to evenly distribute it amongst the greenhouse.

Yesterday marks day 1 of flower for the auto flowers white widow. both of which have white pistils coming out of the stem junctions.
                    Attached Files

Comment

experiencing some yellowing to the lower leaves of the white widow auto flowers whom are nearing week 5 of flower. can someone explain this and what i can do for the deficiency? i’m feeding with remo nutrients micro, bloom, astro flower, magnifical at 8 ml/G, and nearly a tea spoon of potassium silicate
                      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        WW auto for that age lower leaf yellow is normal. Myself the way i count the flower days are when i first see the white hairs forming budlets seeing white hair coming out of bud sites. Some autos show this after 3wks from seed some don't show for much longer. Don't harvest early unless you like racy high.

started to outfit my greenhouse with light deprivation. i will be harvesting my auto white widows in under 2 weeks. all my other plants have begun day 1 of flower today. pics to follow
                      Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X