Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL First grow is going well, 3 weeks in, a few questions

Hello,

I started my first grow ever with 4x fem jack herer seeds. They sprouted 3 weeks ago, and I thought I should check in with the community for some feedback and course-correction if needed.
    • Growing in Stepwell super soil in 7g pots. Have been using the EM1 and Veg Top Dressing. I have noticed some mold-looking stuff growing after applying the top dressing, is this OK? (see photos below)
    • Currently on a 18/6 light cycle. All LED lighting, about 36" from the plants
    • Room stays between 18-22C. Humidity 40-60%.
    • Have a fan going over the plants and an extractor booster fan too
    • Today I bent them over for the first round of low stress training
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200525_075103.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.27 MB ID:	409130
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200525_141017.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.43 MB ID:	409131

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200525_141035.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	409132
    Last edited by Pizzalover; 05-25-2020, 04:25 PM.

Looks good so far.........
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hello and welcome to the GWE forum. They look good to me also, looks like you been studying about training cause it went great. I've grown JH outdoor she was a beast of a grow. I have one more fem. seed of her I been saving cause she was a strong grower. Yep you will get a lesson on her. Keep us posted.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

LOL thanks for the quick feedback. Really looking forward to the next few weeks and trying to get her base wider to get more colas later on.

Any ideas on the mold (or whatever it is that looks like mold)? All ok?

Comment

• Pizzalover
          Pizzalover commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not sure what the definition of a living soil is, but this is the stuff I'm using: https://www.stepwellsoil.com/pages/what-is-super-soil

• Pizzalover
          Pizzalover commented
          Editing a comment
          And yes, I'm talking about the white fuzz on the soil in the 3rd photo

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like mold 🤔. I don’t know that soil, but I’m pretty sure the plants are not safe with that in the soil.
          Someone can of course correct me here, if I’m wrong .

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X