Tincture Brew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tincture Brew

I'll be running out of flower probably a month or two before my next harvest. I'm hoping to have enough tincure to get me by until then.

I have been adding my vape carcasses to my tincture. I don't flip the compacted flower, to extract every possible draw.

My thinking is this: 1. Although I didn't decarb the plug, I assume the heat from the Pax3 did it for me. 2. Since I'm going to throw away the plug anyway, no harm no foul. If there's a bit of THC left, I want it.

My question - Is this practical? Am I wasting my time with the vape plugs?
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

BR2K What they say about tincture is this: What you put in is what you're gonna get out. ABV will make one shitty-tasting tincture. I've made tincture with decarbed trim and with decarbed bud, and it's true: there's no comparison between bud and trim tincture, with the former being infinitely superior. ABV tincture: doesn't sound good to me.

If I were you, I'd make RSO and just take capsules. They last a lot longer than tincture anyway. A good tincture will give a fabulous 2-3 hour high in the morning on an empty stomach, but it never works after I've eaten. I've made canna-capsules with RSO for some buddies who like to be fucked up for 7 hours.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thanks, I was wondering about the comparison between tincture/rso highs. My tincture is a mix of trim, some buds and the plugs. I made some RSO, from this same batch of tincture but I haven't tried any yet. Once I sample that, I'll have a better idea of whether it's potent enough.
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I taught one of my friends how to make gummies a while back, as well as the RSO to make it with. She has been doing hers with ABV wax. I don't really care for it personally. It's fairly similar from what I could tell but I feel like it was a completely different high and didn't last as long. Then there's also a matter of potency, I feel like mine were made stronger to begin with. Of course, I can't usually tell how good edibles are anyway cause I smoke a lot. So most of the time I'm already pretty high and don't notice when they actually kick in. That said, I've never tried a tincture with ABV but it seems to me that it would be similar to smoking resin as opposed to flower. I would probably try it if I didn't have anything else though. Hope it works for you.

Comment

I've been out of weed for over a month now. I have a full bottle of everclear I turned into tincture last year. Told myself I'm drinking it all when I run out of weed. Been buying ounces from dispensary for 117$ lol. My point is if your a heavy smoker tincture just doesn't get you that high you want. Harvest right around the corner and I'm gonna do better this year so I don't run out again.
          640 watt hlg quantum board
          320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
          300 watt mars hydro sp3000
          150 watt hlg quantum board
          100 watt spider farmer led x2
          organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
          Water only i don't check ph
          6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• BR2K
            BR2K commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think of myself as a heavy smoker, regular yes. All I am basically looking for will be a dropper full of rso before bed. My lag time between harvests will be significantly shorter than my first. Funny thing, before I started growing I would be concerned about my "stash" level. Driving to the dispensary is an all-day PIA. Now it's a whole different ball game. While it will be inconvenient when I run out, I should be able to forego the dispensary.

I'm using Everclear too, just not the 190 proof. I hate the taste of alcohol and the taste of tincture is pretty horrible too - even without the ABV plugs. I may just invest in some capsules...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X