Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is “I love growing marijuana” a legit source for American seeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is “I love growing marijuana” a legit source for American seeds?

And what else might I be doing wrong. Hi! I’m totally new to growing, anything, and I kind of went off the deep end buying seeds before I found reliable sources of information such as this site. So I bought way more seeds than I need and almost all from USA based online, googled companies. I bought the most from ILGM. I have already started growing two gorilla glue autoflowers. I am seeing a huge difference in size between the two despite everything being the same. They both have yellow streaks or splotches and just the tiniest bit of curling up on a few sides of a few leaves. I have already learned many of my numerous errors so far, like planting an Indoor auto flower seed In a 10 gallon smart pot. Right now they are in pure fox farms ocean forest and I have only been giving then bottled water. This is day 13ish since sprouting. My plan is to make up a proper soil mix with perlite and transfer them to 3 gallon smart pots. I’m not sure if this is the right move but if I kill them I have plenty of seeds... but then I discovered that my seeds might be junk and it will always be an uphill battle. So does anyone know if ILGM is legit? Are the google hits for American seed banks really that bad compared to more established banks from other countries? Should I just call it a loss and buy from more established banks? And finally if you have the time you could tell me what else I might be doing wrong based on the photos and description. I really appreciate any feedback. Btw the yellowish streaks started as soon as they sprouted but have gotten bigger as the plants do.

The only thing I know about ILGM is that they are expensive. I understand there is a new list of US seed suppliers on the GWE site.

Comment

• Hrrmph
      Hrrmph commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that is correct but I ordered during a deal where they doubled my cart and threw in a few seeds of their own choice so it worked out this time in that way.

ILGM is legit and so far all of their sprouts have came up strong for me. Start checking your ph and get that dialed in before anything else. Your plants look fine though. Since they’re in 10 gallon pots of FFOF you shouldn’t have to give them any additional nutes, maybe a little extra at flower but not much. At their age it’s best to leave them be because they’ll start flowering soon. Next time you sprout autos do it in the 3 gallon

Comment

• Hrrmph
      Hrrmph commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, yes I have the tester I just need to calibrate and actually test. I am so glad they look ok to you. Thank you for the response!

Good luck with your grow Hrrmph
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Try ILGM's Purple Haze for something easy to grow if you decide to try photos. The buzz is fairly psychedelic and it clones readily. I even managed to clone one successfully from a flowering plant. That thing produced around 8 ounces all by itself indoors under T5 fluorescents!

If you keep buying from them, the most economical way to do it is to buy the 10+10 deals or the mixpacks. Gold Leaf is sometimes offered half-price when you go to checkout.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        So you’re cloning from a feminized seed? I jumped on ILGM’s 420 sales and I have a shit ton of seeds right now so there’s no need to be cloning. I figured once I grew these out and saw which strains I like the best I’d try keep a mom but a lot that you read says feminized seeds produce hermies. I haven’t been able to experiment yet but knowing someone else is having success will make my feel better about keeping these genes going .

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe it's luck or good genetics or just limited experience but I haven't yet had any hermies and the only bud I've raised and the only clones I've ever taken came from plants raised from ILGM seed.

I'll be messing with regular seeds at some point in the next few grows. I've got Skunk #1 already and plan to grow out some for seed until I can fill a mason jar. Same with Ghost Train Haze once I can get my hands on some!

Sweet! That’s good to hear. I prefer someone with experience over what a article tells you online. Good luck with your grows

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X