Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Help with my plants new growth curling

Hi everyone,
    im here to ask for advice to you all experienced growers.
    i have a couple of plants that are presenting curling leafs on the new growth. All plants are growing outdoor in fabric pots ( sleeping inside at night) i used a compost mix soil from levington with JI.
    I started training the plants they might be to young but i went for it and then I saw the problem yesterday.
    reading forums is hard! To much info. Im between cold mornings or cold winds, to much Nitrogene. Some plants are okey and thisn2 not so good. Here the pic so you can see.

I forget to say that i have being given them biogrow 2 ml per gallon and it was fine last time i went for 4 ml per gallon and the problem came.
    thanks for your help

Comment

Definitely not to much nitrogen.
      too me it looks like overwatering or the stress coming from your LST training.
      you have bit of some twisted growth also - could also indicate some overwatering or maybe some roots problems. How big are the fabrics pots ? Is this an auto ? Or a photo strain?
      cold mornings can’t be it, as long the plant gets sunlight, good sunlight.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Thanks a a lot for your help. She is an auto flowering whitewidow
        thenpot are 10 lt but they are not to the top
        in case is stress from lst should i release her?
        today i check for watering they where dry and i only water with water with runoff. ( i check the ph in the run of and is was okey between 6 and 7

if its lack of nitrogen should i increase the feeding?

Comment

CaptainWiese91 here better pics

Comment

Dont bother checking the rub off water. Just be sure the water you feed the plant with is 6,2-6,5. It’s a good thumb rule 👍🏻
            my opinion I would release it, until it gets a little bigger.
            and my opinion on the feeding with more N - wait a little bit, it could also be the lack of a good light it needs.
            Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
            You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              No, I was saying if you have too much of a nutrient in soil and perfect ph you can still get lock out.
              Measuring run off can tell you if it’s one or the other. Leaves look the same if it’s lock out from either or.
              Soil ph meters are garbage. Run off is much more accurate.
              Ph was not in the desired range when I had some pine needles fall into my soil. Even though my water/feed was. You could have flushed with perfect ph all day, still would not resolve that particular issue.

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              This I don’t agree with. But I like to have the thoughts and the discussion about it actually - it’s healthy.
              If you water the the correct range of PH your soil will become this desired range. This is my experience

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              You are assuming there are no ph buffers In your soil, in that case I would agree. Although, you can’t not say with 100% confidence that the soil itself is not experiencing an issue like mine did (pine needles adjusting ph in soil). Testing the run off will give a more accurate depiction of root zone ph. Flushing with proper Ph will never fix a ph buffer issue in the soil. Your method will work 99% of the time, but is only a guess at best. Testing the run off removes all the guess work and bench marks the root zone ph for those other 1% of the time issues. Flushing is not a “solve all ph issues” method, unfortunately.

Thanks. Lot CaptainWiese91 i release her lets see how she does during the day. Something else i saw the 2 first leafs (cotyledon) are getting yellow.
            today just water should i wait till next watering to feed again or could i do a lil feeding now that is still early here? I was giving biogrow 2 ml per gallon trying to be on the aafe side avoiding burns last water i went for 4 mls per galon .. maybe i over feed them or maybe they need more coz i was not giving them much before?

thanks for the chat anyway

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              What about your light ?or is it a outdoor plant?? Because it looks like it missing some light. More nutes won’t do it, if the light it’s not enough. Then you will over feed it. More intensive light- then the plant eat more nutrients.
              Give it water now - and see how it goes. If it’s going more light green, then you can give it some nutes.
              But be aware of over watering also. Right now I think it’s the lack of light.

It’s normal the cotyledon leaves get yellow at some time. It won’t be needing them anymore.

They are growing outside! A good day they get around 10 hours sunlight! But i live in the uk so we are not famous for our hot weather!! Hahah im hoping for the best to kickstart my indoors!

lets see how they react. I do believe i need a bit of nut coz i was being very shy with them. And all of them look a bit pale and lime green!
            thanks a lot for your help!

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Be careful with the nutes. You don’t have nutes in this kind of soil ?
              The weather is like Denmark then 😆.
              But 10 l pot is a good size for this small plant in this stage.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X