I'm a new small scale grower with a question about scrogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a new small scale grower with a question about scrogging

Hey hey. Im new to the community, but I've been following GWE since the start of my journey. My two girls are about a month old and i do plan on scrogging them. I've tried googling this but i haven't found a solid answer when to do it. Do i set up the net and train them through before i flip to flower, or do i train them through around this time and continue to train up until they're ready for flower?

Any other pointers or criticisms are totally welcomed. The GG was just watered and fed. I usually wait til they look a little sad before watering them to resist the urge to over water them.

I Think there is a good tutorial here in the site about scrogg.
    you will almost find all of our answers there, I’m pretty sure ☺️
    if you type: scrog in the site on the search line, not here in the forum but on the original site , the first article in the top is all about scrog and how to build it and how to grow in this type of environment 👍🏻

Hope it helps 🙏🏻
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I just took these pics so you asked at the right time lol. In the 1st pic the plant in the back left is under a 18x18 screen mounted in a tomato ring that’s 8” above the soil. The plant upfront in the middle I just topped it the other day to the 4th node and removed all the growth below the 3rd node leaving nodes 3 & 4. This morning I LST’d the 4 colas down as you can see in the other pic. This is how I setup my scrog and keep LST’ng those 4 colas down as they grow out until it gets moved into its final pot (I like at least a 7 gallon) Once into the final pot I place the tomato ring in with the screen zip tied to it then release the ties holding the colas down and let it start filling the screen. If it’s a tall growing strain I switch to 12/12 after 50% of the screen is full. With a medium sized plant you can almost completely fill the screen before switch. Another thing I do once the screen starts getting filled out is remove any lower growth that didn’t make it up to the screen and place a fan on the floor to give plenty of air down below.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
        I just took these pics so you asked at the right time lol. In the 1st pic the plant in the back left is under a 18x18 screen mounted in a tomato ring that’s 8” above the soil. The plant upfront in the middle I just topped it the other day to the 4th node and removed all the growth below the 3rd node leaving nodes 3 & 4. This morning I LST’d the 4 colas down as you can see in the other pic. This is how I setup my scrog and keep LST’ng those 4 colas down as they grow out until it gets moved into its final pot (I like at least a 7 gallon) Once into the final pot I place the tomato ring in with the screen zip tied to it then release the ties holding the colas down and let it start filling the screen. If it’s a tall growing strain I switch to 12/12 after 50% of the screen is full. With a medium sized plant you can almost completely fill the screen before switch. Another thing I do once the screen starts getting filled out is remove any lower growth that didn’t make it up to the screen and place a fan on the floor to give plenty of air down below.
        Hey thanks for the reply. I haven't done any LST, but i have topped them twice. I'm definitely gonna try LST on my next run but i just wanted to get an understanding of the basics first. So should i be training them in the net while they're in veg until it's half full and then switch to flower? They stretch while flowering right?

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep! The reason to top and LST early on is to keep it low and growing out wide so all the bud sites get light exposure. By growing it this way from the start it will fill the screen faster once under one. Fill the screen mostly out while in veg then when you switch to 12/12 the plants go crazy trying to get more light. The strain will determine how much they grow, some will only grow 6” but others will grow 24. You can try that next time but for now those plants are ready, just be careful to lay the stems down gently and then start tucking everything underneath. Then give those lower colas that haven’t seen much light a couple weeks to grow then switch to flower. I like each plant to be under its own screen so I can rotate them around and pull them out for a trim if needed. That’s why I use a tomato ring stick down in the pot then I cut them he screen from 2”x3” garden fencing and zip tie it down on there. When you LST them down or put them under the screen don’t worry about how they’ll look at first. In that pic with the six plants the two in the back whose leaves are all turned down just got tied down some more before the pic, by this morning they were standing back up.
          Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 05-23-2020, 07:11 PM.

Originally posted by CaptainWiese91 View Post
        I Think there is a good tutorial here in the site about scrogg.
        you will almost find all of our answers there, I’m pretty sure ☺️
        if you type: scrog in the site on the search line, not here in the forum but on the original site , the first article in the top is all about scrog and how to build it and how to grow in this type of environment 👍🏻

Hope it helps 🙏🏻
        I did actually, there was even a highlighted section talking about when is a good time to begin, but i couldn't find exactly what I was looking for so i wanted ask people with more experience than me. Thanks for heads up though

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry for the inconvenience then ☺️

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X