First grow ever using photo seeds I ordered online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow ever using photo seeds I ordered online

Bought a new tent for the seeds I ordered online so I’m gona fill the thing up!

Back left is one of my clones under a screen at 7wks veg in a 7 gallon pot (had to grow at least one plant I knew I could count on)

Back center and right are both Dos Si Dos 33 from Barney’s Farm mainlined at 7wks veg in 7 gallon pots

The two upfront on the outsides are Blue Cheese from Barney’s Farm at 7wks veg in 5 gallon pots. They both sprouted funky as hell! One had 3 leaves and the other 5 off the start. Growth was extremely slow and weird so I almost tossed them but at week 4 they showed some signs of normalcy and began growing in a mainline type form all on their own. I have done no topping or training with them and now I’m really happy I stuck with them because they’re low and stout with colas coming up all over! Should be some prime buds

Finally front and center is the star pupil. It’s a California Dream from ILGM at 2wks veg in a 1 gallon pot that I just moved up to a 5 gallon pot. I ordered this one late and was trying to let it go longer but I’ve had to give my clone too many haircuts and she’s ready to go! Since this baby is growing so fast, at 2wks veg her fan leaves are f’n massive, she’s already been topped to the 4th node (I left the 3rd and removed everything below the 3rd) and her roots had already filled a 1 gallon pot, I went ahead and moved her up to a 5 gallon pot. Tomorrow I’ll LST her down

Going to give the baby a week to recover then I’m switching to flower under a 600W HPS. I expect this tent to look like a damn rain forest in no time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 05-22-2020, 06:08 PM.

Everything looks fantastic - great color.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Agreed really good looking grow. Nice work very healthy looking
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Appreciate the kind words! One of the Blue Cheese had some discoloration but I don’t think it was a deficiency, those two sprouts just came up all deformed and crazy looking. All new growth looking healthy and somewhat normal now

Comment

Just got the Cali Dream down. Since she’s 6wks younger than the other plants she’ll be flowering with this will be all I’ll do to her other than attach the colas to the ring once they get tall enough.

I also did some training to one of the Blue Cheese but checkout the crazy growth. Other than what I did just now it’s all natural. Hasn’t even been topped.

The last pic I took because I see a lot of YouTube videos with people poking holes in their smart pots in order to anchor plant ties. I’ve always used a safety pin 🤷🏻‍♂️
          Attached Files

Comment

Took this last night, two days after switching to flower and the stretch has begun. Showing a slight magnesium deficiency. Up to this point I’ve only fed nutes once, right after defoliation before switching to 12/12.
            Attached Files

Comment

Just into week two. Seem to have everything dialed back in and all the girls are looking happy. The Dos Si Dos in the back really took off, every cola has grown 8-10” in the last week. Going to stop pulling them down and let them grow from here on out. My clone on the left is trying to take over that side of the tent. I’m just hoping they don’t all ripen at the same time. Then again, I may be trimming for a month
              Attached Files

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                bboyfromwayback commented
                Editing a comment
                You’d think so but nope, doesn’t bother them at all. If you wanted a perfect looking bud to show off I’d hand trim it but for personal use it’s great

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                bboyfromwayback That is good to know!! I'm going to recommend it to my arthritic friend. Great!!!

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh man that's a great smoke that dos si dos

CannaBrush huh i'm going to check it out thanks bboyfromwayback for the tip. alltatup sister I just rest them and massage soak in the warmest water I can tolerate. When croptober comes around we take lots of time and no more plants over 8ft. they are just too much when you got several finishing within days of each other.

indoor/outdoor grower
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                SoOrbudgal You take a bath with your harvest????? :-}

Only in dreams alltatup

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                bboyfromwayback Ooooooh, I see, so it's not for wet trimming. I think I'm understand better how it works. Thanks: good to know!!!

• bboyfromwayback
                Editing a comment
                No they have to be good and dry. First time I tried it using a branch I cut off to sample and the leaves were still dampish and I had to hand trim. Two days later I was able to trim each branch in about 2min! Gave each bud a good brushing (down strokes) then hand trimmed anything leftover which wasn’t much, small stem here and there. Your friend will enjoy it. I’m no salesman, I just know how bad trimming can be and I don’t have arthritis so that has to be much worse. But yea, I did 2 plants in a 50min TWD episode, did the other 4 the next night in no time. My eyes didn’t even get tired

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                bboyfromwayback Wow, 25 bucks!! I was thinking my friend would have to spend a few hundred for a decent trimmer, but this is the easiest of all. And their explanations make perfect sense: the brush "grabs the outer leaf, which is quite dry, and pulls it right off. It looks awesome. I'm impressed with the technology, tho the brush should cost 10 bucks... But my friend will gladly pay 25. I love trimming a lot, but I may have to get one, too.

These two Blue Cheese from Barney’s Farm started off deformed and sad looking . One sprouted with 3 leaves, the other kinda had 1.5 leaves and something else I’m not sure what growing from it. I should’ve took pics but I’m not real savvy in the picture department. Anyways I stuck with them because I paid money for the goofy lookin mf’ers and after 6wks of hardly any growth they kinda manifolded themselves for me. Other than pulling the colas apart to spread them out I haven’t done anything to either plant. They haven’t been topped once and one has 12 decent colas starting to get budlets all over them and the other has 8. I guess the moral of the story is even a ugly runt can grow up to be a pretty thing with proper tlc
              Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                They sure are growing pretty! All we are saying: Give runts a chance.

• bboyfromwayback
                Editing a comment
                They may grow up and surprise you 😁

I quadlined on dos si dos and mainlined the other just to experiment. Other than that they’ve been grown the exact same. Since switching to 12/12 the mainline has grown a lot taller but the quadline has gotten a lot bushier. I defoliated right before and the mainlined one is making me wish I’d taken less off. Those long, stretchy colas are looking bare now 🤷🏻‍♂️ At this point I’m betting the quadline produces more but we’ll see
              Attached Files

Comment

17 days after the switch and all the plants have settled in except the Dos Si Dos. Both plants are still getting noticeably taller everyday. Next time I grow this strain I won’t defoliate nearly as much until after they’ve finished growing tall.
                Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got a long neck 1gal. water jug to reach way back there works great. Can wait to see them standing at attention in the net. They are going to be pretty thick in there, you got this

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They look really great, beatboy!!!

• bboyfromwayback
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! It’s been work lol I haven’t grown more than 2-3 at a time in years and I’m relearning why! I have this tent plus another that has 4 autos 7wks old and a banana kush I’m vegging with them 😵 luckily my wife tends to the moms we have

They’ve all settled in and haven’t grown much taller the last couple of days. I built them all up to the same height under the light, placed screen and turned the dial up to 100%.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 06-21-2020, 05:38 PM.

Comment

2-3wks from harvest. Other than one of the Dos Si Dos having a issue and way more work/watering than I prefer this has been a fairly smooth grow considering I grew 4 strains I’ve never grown before in this tent, 4 autos in another tent with a Banana Kush vegging and 4 mother plants elsewhere in the house. Damn all I been doing is filling and mixing water jugs the last few months!!! Lots of new bud to try though👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Told the wife we smoking nothing but fatties for the foreseeable future 🤗
                  Attached Files

Comment

• JohnEmad
                    JohnEmad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I laugh when I think of the progression. First we smoked pin joints and saved the roaches. Then after a couple grows we roll em fatter and throw away the roaches that held far more weed then the pin joints did.
                    One fellow growers place I noticed maybe a hundred half smoked joints flicked off the end of their deck into the grass. Ahh the pleasures of excess.

• bboyfromwayback
                    Editing a comment
                    I have a airtight jar I call my ‘roach jar’ but there’s some 1/2” and 3/4” joints in there. If the apocalypse hit and growing ceases I’ll be good for a good year or two lol

• Mazzariman
                    Mazzariman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Right, back in 83 I had so much Afghani, I would roll fatties, smoke em half way down, and save the roaches in a large Folgers can. That stuff would leave goo on your lip after the first hit when freshly rolled and the joint would turn brown. When the can was half way full, I ripped em all up and used that to roll with. Repeat until the 3rd gen. When I looked at that pile, about a half oz by now, it just sat on the tray and wouldn't stop wiggling around. So full of resins it was now black. Couldn't draw through a J after the first hit. Had to just bong it from that point. Brutal stuff! Back then, running out of Blue Tip matches was more of an issue than running out of herb! Couldn't afford a lighter so I had to light the next J off of the last one and repeat! In Southern Humboldt back then, you couldn't sell anything locally, EVERYBODY was fully "locked" and loaded, all puns intended! I was dirt poor, but ganja rich! Every flat surface in my cabin was covered in some form of weed. No TV, only one radio station, cassettes played through my Sony Walkman recorder that had a speaker on it. Every hour from 6 to 10 on KERG played a different show/type of music. 9:00 - 10 was Punk Rock. At 10:00 pm it was live Grateful Dead show recordings untill midnight. Then they went off the air. Just me and my gal, the plants and the Ruger Mini 14 w/40 shot clip. Not making this up! Outlaws in Babylon! (that is the appropriately named book written by Steve Chappell around that time, that was like someone followed me around and wrote down what we were seeing and living). X playing at Pyramid Pins in Garberville at harvest time with growers tossing colas onto the stage, roadies running out and snagging em while Exene and Co just jammed away. Stood in front of Billy Zoom the whole night and snagged the song list off of his Mic stand at the end. He handed his pick to my pal. Got a great recording on that same Walkman of that show. Got home about 3 am, got up at 5 to go haul buckets from the river and water the gals, then rode my bicycle to cook breakfast at the Benbow Inn for 6:00 am. I couldn't hear sh*t except ringing. The waitress kept yelling her orders at me and I'd say What? She'd say "Read My F'ing Lips!" and walk away disgusted saying stupid deaf Punk rocker... Oh, did I mention that we hardly slept that year! Or drew a sober breath! Yee Haw!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X