Can I use kinks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use kinks?

Has anyone ever tried kino fluorescent tubes in veg? If so what was the result?

Never heard of em. Are they for a T5 fixture?

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing69uk View Post
      Has anyone ever tried kino fluorescent tubes in veg? If so what was the result?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	101571.gif
Views:	147
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	407891
      "The first Kino Flo unit was created in 1987, during the filming of the movie Barfly. Director of photography Robby Müller was filming in a cramped interior, and couldn't fit traditional lights into the location. In order to work around the problem, the film's gaffer Frieder Hochheim and best boy Gary Swink designed a high-output fluorescent light that had a remote ballast, allowing the lamp unit to become small and lightweight enough to be taped to the wall Hochheim and Swink subsequently created a company, Kino Flo Incorporated, to manufacture and market their innovation to the film industry. The new lights were quickly embraced by cinematographers, and now are considered a staple of a standard motion picture lighting package."

Buy Kino Flo Bulbs, Lamps and Tubes for Fluorescent Lights. Daylight, Tungsten and Green Screen Bulb and Lamp Supplier.

Only if you can afford them stick with 6500k for veg and 2700-ish for flower

good luck

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I think someone used this set for lighting one time on GWE. I sorta recall this now far more complicated than a single CFL bulb or t-5 but if it's all ya got...…...go for it !

If it's what you have available, why not? Personally, I prefer to choose my light based upon my environment.
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Thanks guys. I have access to a few units and thought because of the colour temperature and low heat output they'd be ok thanks.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X