What is this from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this from?

So I noticed today that two fan leaves on the same level have started to begin getting lighter. Today I noticed these little dead patches on one and one kinda beginning on the other. The plant is super healthy and there is nothing wrong or discolored anywhere else that I noticed. White hairs are popping up and getting bigger by the day. Can sone one tell me what this is and/ or if I should just prune them as there getting used up I included pics of her healthiness and the issues I am curious about. Thanks so much all

What is your light schedule? Your plants are flowering, that's what the white hairs are. Are they auto or photo? Whether auto or photo, you want to have your light on for at least 18 hours during veg. Photos will only start flowering when you switch to a 12/12 light schedule. Autos you want to keep at least 18 hours of light all the way through until harvest, they switch on their own. Also, your soil looks very dry. You probably just need to water more. Under watering can cause symptoms similar to a deficiency, or multiple deficiencies. If you want your plant bigger, you can always re-veg her as long as she's a photoperiod strain. It will take a little bit to re-veg and start growing again but it can be done, and then you can switch back to 12/12 when they're as big as you want them. If they're autos however, there's nothing you can do except continue flowering. Hopefully this helps

Comment

Need more info on the grow. Photo or auto? What are you using for lighting?
      My gut feeling is that she may be a light-starved auto that's pretty stunted.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Hey fellas thanks for the responses. So it is a white widow/northern lights clone my boy gave me. I have had it
        on a 12/12 for almost 2 weeks or so. I got the clone and it was planted in some trash soil. I transplanted into better soil for veg, and about a week and half ago transplanted again into the final pot
        i want. The soil in the pics were before I watered that day, I kee her well fed. I have had no issues at all with the plant, and when I got it it was super malnutritioned so I nursed her back to health. Honestly I just pruned off the leaves I showed you guys (I planned to do this to have just two top fans) as for the size she is growing about an inch a day but I’m also trying to keep it trained so I do t have a huge plant. It’s my first grow and I want to get
        the process right first before I do. It’s just a personal use plant. My plan is to keep it kinda small and grow the buds up. I topped it a little bit ago and have two shoots that have grown and grown really well. The white hairs literally showed up over night and have erupted each day. The bottom sites also have them (which they didn’t before I did any of these things) and they have grown 10 times better. My soil is an organic soil that I made and has homemade compost in it as well. The plant loves it, and has really really taken to the nutes I. It. I added perlite for pests. There is no discoloration anywhere and hasn’t been since I first got it. I have an LED bulb that I’ve used the whole time and it works reAlly good. I am including pics in this order: my setup, temp of the grow spot, pics of the plant before I pruned the yellow fans, and updated pics of what she looks like now. Ive literally binged read growing tips and deficiencies, feeding, lighting etc. my biggest concern honestly was the shadowing so I pruned and used LST and have fixed this. I’ll send those pics when I get home. Let me know your thoughts. I would like to keep her small and dense. The stem is thick and healthy as is the rest of her. Let me know thanks guys gotta go to work I’ll update later

Comment

• Xconian
          Xconian commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes my plan is to flower at the height it is. It is growing taller still from stretch. I know what the white hairs are total I have 6 bud sites. I live in Vt so it’s just starting to warm up now so I plan on germinating/cloning some more to get started soon as well.

• gbauto
          gbauto commented
          Editing a comment
          This is what I suspected.
          That is nowhere enough light to flower a plant.
          It's spindly/sick looking because it's missing a MAJOR nutrient:LIGHT.

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          Get it outside! My bet is we are past frost now.(not that it matters) Currently 14hrs and 58mins of daylight in Rutland. Be careful to limit the light to 12 hrs. I put my plants out on the deck when it's near 60, trade off for getting them some natural light. I'd have my light schedule somewhere around 7-7 https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/rutland
          best of luck
          Last edited by GreenState; 05-22-2020, 06:15 PM.

I leave the leaves on when the start to get lighter the plant is usually eating them to stay healthy. You're going to have a very small plant when it's done. Might end up with 10 grams of dried bud the way it's going now. If you're not in a rush I would switch to 18 6 for a month or 2 first then flower her.
        Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
        sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
        4 plants currently under 500w
        2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
        GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
        Happy growing/consuming 🥴
        Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• Xconian
          Xconian commented
          Editing a comment
          My plan is to keep it smaller and put most of my efforts into denser buds. I’ve see. A lot of pics of plants at my height that have good thick buds and smoke good. That’s my plan theoretically lol. I’m trying to do most of it my own way and follow general guidelines as far as growing

• gbauto
          gbauto commented
          Editing a comment
          Getting fat nugz is a combination of genetics and grow environment.
          The plant is literally reaching towards the light in an effort to get sufficient light levels.
          I've grown plenty of squat plants. A key to a successful grow was having enough light.
          Dense cola development also needs intense light levels-that single floodlight ain't got enough uumph.
          My usual recommendation for lighting is 50 watts/ sq ft of floor space for HID or blurple led fixtures.
          Current tech diodes are much more efficient at converting electricity into photons of light so they can be run at 30 watts/ sq ft for good intensity.

Xconian Here's a little 10" Vermont girl getting some morning sun(end of wk 6 since flipping). This is a total play around experiment with clones. Topped a few stems a week or so into flowering, the result in the photo..double buds Now only keeping them for a few hours under the light. As one Vermonster to another..the friggin black flies are coming out!!!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4791 cropped.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.62 MB ID:	408238Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4788.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.53 MB ID:	408239Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4796.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.75 MB ID:	408240
        "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Xconian
          Xconian commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks good! How far along? And as for topping I only topped the main cola, is there more that I should top off mine as well? And he’ll ya black flies are getting crazy where I’m at! I put her outside today after LST last night here’s a pic, any advice?

Comment

When I think staying small I think veg a month then flower. This is what I have going now shortest 10 inch tallest 2 foot this is as small as I would go and even then I flowered these cause I need the room for my next grow.
          i know where your coming from with the stay small and go dense and potent part but it's a job just like a 4 foot tall tree. Alot goes into getting those dense sticky flavourful nuggets. Have fun with it. Greatest way to learn is by doing. That's how I started in 2012 and haven't stopped aside from moving towns and that was a month break between harvest and popping seeds. Enjoy the journey.
          Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
          sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
          4 plants currently under 500w
          2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
          GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
          Happy growing/consuming 🥴
          Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X