Tiny fly in tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiny fly in tent

I’ve just sqished a tiny fly buzzing around my lights ... do I need to panic , what could it be , what action do I need to take

My last grow, I got a little swarm of fungus gnats from no air circulation in my grow tent. The plant stopped drinking because the room became too humid after I watered it and the air in the room wasn't being exchanged at all.
    Fixed that, and now I only see the occasional fly, or sometimes I even get a mosquito that came in through the air vent, but the plant is still growing strong, so I just get it out of the tent and act like it was never there. One tiny fly shouldn't hurt much.

Make sure your grow space is ventilated, but don't aim fans directly at the plant!

Fungus Gnats:
    Do you see tiny black flies buzzing around your soil? Learn how to get rid of this common yet annoying pest again quickly.

Comment

Thanks for the advice ... I’ve got an extract fan sucking in new air and is fairly strong so air flow good . Probably just a random fly that got sucked in .. they are looking great though
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Put a sticky fly strip in your tent.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnyhawes1973 View Post
            I’ve just sqished a tiny fly buzzing around my lights ... do I need to panic , what could it be , what action do I need to take
            its vip to ID the fly as theirs so many types
            types that can screw ya grow or you
            assuming its a gnat is not valid tho it does seem obvious

should you awake with small bites or feeling tired
            at strange times of the day you can assume
            Glossinidae discovered in Colorado some time back ...lol

Neem oil is you friend sold near you as leaf shiner

good luck

Comment

Thanks for your advise pal , please see this photo as one of them is looking sick
              Attached Files

Comment

• joebuddy
                joebuddy commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you been feeding them? Leaves usually curl down like that after too much Nitrogen. Also, LEDs generally have about a foot of distance between them and the plant, as having the light too close, even if it doesn't feel hot to you in particular, could still burn the top leaves and bud.

If you have been feeding them, it's probably been too much. Let them dry out from your last watering, and water them slowly with pure water pH ~6.5 if you're growing in soil, until a bit runs off to the bottom so you know it was thorough.
                Once it's dried out thoroughly, you can start feeding again, but go lightly. Less is more.

Does your plant have "the claw?" The talon-like leaves that are bent at the ends are a sign that your plant may have nitrogen toxicity. Learn how to fix it.

Thanks for your advise pal , please see this photo as one of them is looking sick
              if you get a minute post some pics in normal light

cheers/

Comment

Here is 6 photos 2 of each of the ladies the first two are Malala bomb , second two are amnesia haze and last two are dark devil
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is 6 photos 2 of each of the ladies the first two are Malala bomb , second two are amnesia haze and last two are dark devil
                  see the leaves with a yellow line down the centre? thats a sign of a shot for Camag,
                  IMO their is some excess nutes here I'd miss a few nutes but stay with the water for 10 days then feed again lightly

watch out for any nute burn right now its becoming borderline

good luck

Comment

Thanks for the advice I had just made a feed up of bio heaven I will ditch in and water only

Comment

If I cut the top buds of the plants that are above the light and not growing much will it benefit or harm my grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There are articles on " super cropping " when plants get too tall you gently squeeze a branch to bend that over. It makes a knuckle. Check out the info. or google it. Cutting off buds is bad to top late in flower. Good luck

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X