Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White and purple Seedling ?

Hi there, new to this forum.
    wondering if anyone has ever seen this before on their seedling...
    so on one of the bottom small smooth leaves it has a white and purple colouring on... was like this from germination when the shell popped off...
    if anyone has any info that would be great ๐Ÿ‘

Looks like a damaged cotyledon. Doesnt mean that the rest of the plant will look like that. Purps usually show up on mature plants during the flowering stage and usually are dependent on having a lower temps and a genetic quality. Cotyledons frequently can get damaged exiting the seed shell and it is not detrimental to the plant as they have no purpose other than getting the plant out of the seed.

Comment

Nothing to worry about.
      As tersky is saying. It could the damaged from cracking the shell.
      As long as the yellowish doesnโ€™t progress, you should be fine ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
      Some times mine is yellow because they break free in the middle of the night - as soon as they get sunlight they go all green through out the day
      Just because people are over 50 doesnโ€™t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the โ€œbestโ€ lol

Comment

What is the soil, and how much perlite in it? What pot is it in? To me it looks like she is not happy with the soil.
        Do not take the baby leaf off the plant needs it at this stage it is the brain at this point telling the plant what to do.
        Do watch the new growth.

Comment

Thanks guys, nice to know its nothing detrimental to the plant. She is doing ok... albeit smaller than the rest but I like to give them a fighting chance.. I was just very curious about the colouring as I had never seen this before...
          thanks for sharing your thoughts ๐Ÿ™

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X