Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL sick leaves White Widow

Hi there!

Im in flowering since 12 days and I have this issue with the leaves, I hope its not a disease? The plant is drinking well and there is no smell so I think the roots are ok, I add calcium in case if its a deficiency but hard to tell.
    I use Dr Earth fertilizer, I used three times in veg (4-4-4) and one after switch to flowering (3-9-4), and I used Bush Doctor Root Drench twice on veg.

The temperature and humidity levels are fine, the distance of the lamp too...

Does it look like a deficiency or an excess? Or more like a disease?

Thanks!

I dont think it's excess as i dont see any nute burn. Imo it looks like the early stages or phosphorous deficiency. Check out this link to read more about it. https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...rus-deficiency

It could be early stages of ph issues or lock out as well.

Comment

Thanks I will look into it. The PH of my tap water is 6.7

But I have two plants and both received the same amount of nuts, the other one is fine thats why Im thinking of a disease, I hope Im wrong, I will still in the next watering add some nuts, the Dr Earth Bloom 3-9-4 and see next week how is it.
      Last edited by Fujihiro; 05-20-2020, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Hi, I wont be able to add nuts for now I need to wait 2 or 3 days for the soil to be dry, but for now it still spreading, I have like orange/bronze spot too on one leave, Im worried because the other plant doesnt have issues.
        Could it be a disease?

Thanks

Comment

Could easily be a phosphorus difiencies.
          my opinion is the spots which is orange/bronze is some early stage of calcium. But it could PH fluctuations as well. And this is why is showing some symptoms on difiencies.
          becwuse you are already giving it nutes. Maybe up the cal-mag a little bit more in next feeding ..
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I did add calcium last time, I will add nuts next time. Im worried because the other plant doesnt show any symptoms, Im afraid its a disease and the sick plant could contaminate the other one.
            For the PH my water is 6.7, I never measure the run off but I always stop watering before having a run off, its too much water and the relability of mesuring the PH of the run off is really not good. So I prefer dont mess with the PH because my water is ok. And once again if it was that both plants should show the same symptoms, thats why Im concerned, why only one? What possible disease could it be? Everything is clean, I never over watering, humidity and temperature are ok.... Could it be from the seed itself?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Every plant is not the same, even two of the same strains.
              And it’s a good idea to change the PH levels a little bit, so you don’t water 6,7 every time. Lower the Ph to maybe 6,4 and see if it helps.
              Run off PH you don’t have to think about that. I never do and I’m doing quite good.
              But if you don’t make some run off water sometimes, you could easily have a lockout
              You can also add the cal-mag in your nutes also. Both my nutes feeding have cal mag in them. And my water feeding have cal mag in it.
              How many days go by before you make a water or a feeding again ? And how big are your pots ?
              I have 40 L pots, if I even feed them 1 L of water, I still have run off water — because I have good drainage in the pot - which also indicates my roots get enough oxygen also.

2. Did you check for bugs ? When you are afraid of contamination? If you have bugs then it could spread.
              3. What is the PH levels in your nute feeding? Also 6,7?

I have 3 gallons fabric bags, before I used 5 gallons but every time after the harverst I noticed the roots didnt really have time to occupied all the pot so I have decided to try 3 gallons instead.
            I water when the bags feel light every 3 days, I water very slowly because its a fabric bags but I can water more next time in purpose to have more run off. I water half gallon for each plant more or less. My nuts are powder, its organic, not liquid, its from Dr Earth.
            I dont have bugs in soil or on the leaves, but im thinking about fungi disease or a virus maybe?
            I only add nuts once since flowering, I can do next watering, I dont give much because organic nuts are slow to spread and I could easily overfeed. Or I can only water more and have more run off, but since there is no sign of burn I dont think its an overfeeding.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s not over feeding. I’m assure of that. Yea you are right - organic nutes take time to go ind - so what about the cal- mag ? It’s not organic or do you use some organic stuff there too?
              Which fungi disease do you talk about? I think more you have a lockout🤔

With the size of pots - my experience is the bigger the pot - more room for roots - bigger yields. A plant does not need the roots to touch the pot. Better more space then roots circles around the pot. But that is my opinion of course

Its Safer Bio "Biomin Calcium", its organic too but in liquid form.
            Maybe the rust disease but it doesnt really fit the symptoms, perhaps another kind but I dont know which one, I hope its not.
            As for the size of the bags I will compare if I do smaller harvest, usually I do around 60gr per plant, its not a lot but my light isnt strong enough for more I think... Thanks for the advice!

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Try to lower the PH from 6,7 to maybe 6,4. See it that changes something with the leaves.
              Some nutrients is better taken in by the roots closer to 6,1-6,3.

Ok I can try, the problem is I have nothing for change my PH, I will have to look for organic products, I will look into it!

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m using liter.. so for a gallon 🤔 a gallon must be around 3.6 liter I think.
              And my bottle are 7 liter.
              You need to make your own experience here. But my water is 7,2 when all my nutes are in. Then I cut the lemon in half - and maybe only you the half of the juice - in that half lemon.
              But if you have 6,7 really not much you need.
              Put a little in wait 20 min, check the Ph and if more needed, you put some more i .
              You will quickly find out how much you need, when you fill the first bottles

• Fujihiro
              Fujihiro commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes I guess not much will be enough for me! Thanks for the tip!

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Não problema

Hi! A little update, I noticed the petioles start to be purple so thats a symptom of phosphorus deficiency like you mentioned, I add nuts with some drops of lemon juice in a gallon of water, it was enough for drop the PH to 6.1.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool ! I hope it works for your baby’s 🙏🏻

Hi, after adding some nuts and calcium the problem continues, Im gonna throw awat this plant There is no hope it wont be give much and quality buds, it will probably die anyway and I dont want take any chance because the other one is doing well...

Comment

I don’t think it will die, make a flush and see how it takes the flush.
              organic nutes take like 7-8 days for the roots to absorb them.
              And your last time you gave nutes was for a week ago. Don’t you think you over fed her now ? Did you only apply phosphorus or all bloom nutes?
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I cut it already... I dont want take any chance for the other one.
                I did add all bloom nutes.
                For the next grow I will buy a test kit I saw for the soil, so I will be able to know exactly if there is excess or deficiency.

Thanks for the help anyway

Comment

Hi! I dont open a new topic because its about the other plant but its still a White Widow and bad leaves.... But this time I did a lab soil test and I got the results :

-PH is ok 6.2
                  -Nitrogen is ok
                  -Phosphorus is too high
                  -Potassium is too high
                  - Sulfur is too high
                  -Calcium is too high
                  -Magnesium is too high
                  -Iron is too low
                  -Manganese is too low
                  -Zinc is ok
                  Copper is too low
                  -Boron is too low

But the symptoms of the leaves worsen after I flushed, could the iron, manganese, copper and boron low levels do this to the leaves?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I need some pictures in normal light, it’s really hard to see anything mate

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X