Starting Grow #12 - Indica Class of 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Grow #12 - Indica Class of 2020

Since I was at the end of my last grow, I decided to get my next one going. Six seeds started on 04/02/2020. Here they are after being transplanted into 1 gallon pots and also topped but no LST done at this time. Only 1 feeing of Fox Farms Big Bloom and Grow Big at the end of 4 weeks of vegging.

***UPDATED 05/19/2020*** Today these are now 6 weeks into vegging, have been topped earlier as mentioned but now have been LST'ed with the exception of "the runt". I am waiting on this one to bush out nicely.
    Last edited by NuggetMan; 06-28-2020, 03:25 PM. Reason: My bad, I was still in vegging mode...not flower...

Comment

for a sequential grow consider taking the lst cuts as clones and just keeping the grow perpetual

many struggle with clones so I rec the use of a diy bubblecloner for $5.00 will save the waste of the lst cuts

I would think this light is a T5? if so I'd be adding some more warm white tubes at 2700 kelvin

good luck

ps whats the strain?

Comment

***UPDATE*** 06/04/2020 - Hey there! It's been a while since I started this last grow but at this point in time the girls have been flipped to flower 2 days ago. I am going organic this time around just to try something different. All of these have been topped, LST, and defoliated where needed. I finally was able to get into my "runt" and clean her up a bit before flipping as well as she was really bushy. Being how all of these are all Indica these should be ready to harvest in approximately 8-12 weeks.

Comment

***UPDATE*** yesterday was the day that the runt finally showed it's sex - male. Bummer!!! It was looking so nice and bushy! Don't males normally grow taller???Click image for larger version

Name:	The RUNT.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	962.3 KB
ID:	418602

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          He was very pretty

***UPDATE*** 6/28/2020 - The ladies are at week 11/week 2 of flower last Tuesday... Now they are really starting to be noticeable!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahhhh sweet indica

***UPDATE*** 07/03/2020 End of week 12/week 3 of flower on Tuesday 06/30/2020... Really starting to fill in nicely and trichomes starting to really show more. Looking good so far for this all organic grow...

Comment

***UPDATE*** 07/07/2020 - End of week 13/week 4 of flower. Stretching has slowed down. Not too much longer to go until harvest.

Comment

Since grow #12 is on it's way, I figured it's time to get the next batch going. Here are my Grow #13 newbies approximately 2 weeks old and all within a day or two of each other. I do not know what they are yet...

Comment

How do you get thick plants?

Comment

• NuggetMan
                NuggetMan commented
                Editing a comment
                I use FFOF for soil and plain pH 6.6-6.9 water for the 1st 30 days. Once they get to the 4th node I top them. When that grows out I LST the two new branches and once that is established I start light defoliation from the bottom. Do this all through vegging state and up to the third week of flowering to increase bud sites. I use t8 flourecent tubes and keep them 3 inches from the tops of the plants. As the plants gets more established I do more LST to keep canopy even and I will remove the lower 4 node branches because they are a waste of plant energy so I clean the bottom of the stalk up to where I topped it. Let it grow from there... I don't use alot of synthetic nutrients as to keep the salt build-up to a minimum when it comes to flushing. Oganically I don't have to deal with this issue and I don't have to flush. I also trim away the inner leaves and leave the outer leaves as to get the inside of the plant more light to the inner bud sites.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_113041.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	428990 ***UPDATE*** 07/17/2020 - I'm lagging here... back to work... off early today so here are the girls at the end of week 14/week 5 of flower. NOTE: I have 1 plant that has all the signs of being Sativa (as in long and slender skinny leaves) all on 1 stalk and the rest of the plant is all short and fat Indica leaves... Here are the rest of my best shots, notice some are starting to change color...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NuggetMan; 07-17-2020, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                How odd ?

As of 07/21/2020 the end of week 15/week 6 of flower. Not too much longer to go!!! All organic grow, just 2 shots of nutrients, 1 for vegging, 1 for flower and lasts for 30 days each. Watered once to twice a week, very low maintenance, some have turned color and 1 that is still white (the 1/2 Sativa/Indica).
              Attached Files

Comment

I can tell when I am getting close to harvest window as my plants now start to droop over. I have had to stake and use twisty ties to support the branches. As of 07-28-2020 Week 16/Week 7 of flower for these ladies and this coming Tuesday they will be right in the start of harvest time (8-12 weeks) I am going to go a little longer this time instead of picking at 8 - 10 weeks, a little more amber this time....
                Attached Files

Comment

Has anybody ever come across this type of plant problem or issue??? I don't think it is light or heat burn, it's more potassium related deficiency. Using cool t8's this should not be an issue but to play it safe I moved them up and away to 6 inches from the tops. I also gave them a molasses/Cal-Mag cocktail with pH 6.6 water. I normally give them just molasses and water about now anyways so as to "flush as I go until harvest time". And since I did not keep up pHing the water (I got lazy and just watered a few times with plain tap water and it's at 7.4!) this may have cause some issues as well knocking the pH up out of range.Click image for larger version  Name:	20200802_122750.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.09 MB ID:	434355
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NuggetMan; 08-02-2020, 03:21 PM.

Comment

A teaspoon of dolomite on the soil should help. Cut those dying fan leaves off and your buds will get fatter.

Comment

• NuggetMan
                      NuggetMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Here is the thing, the leaves are NOT dying. So what would you recommend??? I normally don't pull off fan leaves if they are for the bud branch, I only pull the ones for the stalks. So you are saying to let the leaves in the buds replace the fan leaves??? I do not see how that would make them get bigger??? Your picture is exactly what I have right now... just my leaves aren't so clean looking but not heavily damaged. This is an all organic grow.
                      Last edited by NuggetMan; 08-03-2020, 05:37 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X