Leaves turning yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaves turning yellow

Hi guys! I’m new in this and I really need your help! My little plant is getting dry leaves from the bottom. Every day a set of leaves get more yellow... what should I do? I’ve applied some liquid substrate but I didn’t think it was working so I stoped right away.

Welcome
    can you tell a little bit more about your setup?
    soil - what kind?
    What type of light you are using ?
    What size is the pot you have ? - did you add some perlite or leca in the soil ? Do you have holes in the pot ? And how many ?
    to me it seems like it can’t breath. The soil is to dense and not enough oxygen is reaching the roots ? Also it’s to moist/wet looking the soil.
    And what kind of liquid substance did you apply to the plant?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Hi! Thank you for your quick reply!
      So, it’s on a growing soil; I know that the pot is really tiny, I think it’s more or less 12 cm. I’m not using any type of artificial light, I decided to plant in my “backyard” in Portugal as here the season is really good. I made a lot of extra holes...10 big holes in total.
      Yeah! I think the soil is really moist too. The substrate is a general growing substrate, it’s nothing specific. There’s N in it, but anyway I stopped to used it.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I live in Portugal also 😅👍🏻👍🏻
        Any case, I buy my soil in Leroy - tomato soil, they love it. With leca in the mix of course. Also bought in Leroy.

I think you maybe have a nute burn. And a oxygen problem. The soil is to thick for the plant root tap, and without oxygen it’s drowning mano
        And you need to monitor your PH level.

Is it an auto or photo strain ?
      The little plant is too small to give any nutrients too, in the first many weeks. And the soil should contain (if you have a Normal prober soil) enough nutrients to last 3-5 weeks at least
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Cool 😎! I’m in Porto
        Can you send me pics of the soil and leca so I’m not gonna buy anything stupid hahaha
        what do you think is better: monitoring the soil or water PH?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Water PH is essential my friend PH meter is your best friend.
          I’m in Leiria😎 - country side in the hills.
          To bad you are in Porto- or else I could help you a lot more .
          I upload the pic in 5 min. Think I still have Both is the bags😎

This soil has the right PH levels from the start. And these Leca stones - is perfect for drainage and oxygen.
        I start my plants in the final pot. If it’s a auto flower- buy 20L pots. They don’t cost more than 5€ in Leroy- and make 20-30 holes in the bottom. I made my holes with a 8mm screwdriver

Comment

• almeidashir
          almeidashir commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey man! I transplant the plant to a big pot with this soil but I dindn’t find leca ( People went too crazy this quarantine at Leroy lol) so I bought perlite. It seams all right now! No more yellow leaves. I’m gonna wait some days and post a photo with my beautiful little plant!
          Thanks a lot!!!!

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m really happy to hear that
          Yea maybe in the bigger city they go crazy😂 normally I go the the “construction area” where you can drive your car in - they always have leca 👍🏻 Or maybe people freaked out in Porto😆
          Yea you probably stressed it with the transplant - but it should go over again.

De nada 😎

What about holes in the pot ? You made more holes right ?😎👍🏻

Comment

• almeidashir
          almeidashir commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure! I made around 30 holes lol

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Perfeito

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X