Topping help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Topping help

Question about topping I topped this clone the redish brown spot at the base on the right side of the new growth is where I topped but does that look like 2 main stems or just one cause to me it looks like one internode growing not 2
    Attached Files

With clones most of the time the nodes are not even. When you top you will not have 2 nodes paired up on top. Since they're uneven, take the top node and tie it one way. The next node tie another way, same for the third. You can go to the fourth node but it's optional. At this point you will have 3+ nodes. You can let them grow and top again or keep stretching flat and just clear off a few nodes for a nice canopy. Hope that helps

Comment

Okay so your saying number 1 where I topped the new growth tie down to let 2 3 and maybe even 4th node new growth catch up with the "main" stem?
      Attached Files

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah. In order to create a manifold out of uneven nodes just basically try to tie them so they end up pretty even with each other horizontally. That will create your base structure. Then you can either top again for 6 nodes, or keep stretching it wider.

And another thing I will point out is when I got her she had new growth coming from the top but that was the only new growth and within 24 hours of topping every single node site started new growth so idk if that was the topping that made that happen or if that is just the way she happened to be growing

Comment

The one all the way on the right for example. Started with just 3 mains and I just kept flattening it out so it stretched wider. Would take up an entire 4x4' tent and is almost 4' tall. Picture of the bottom of the manifold for reference. Not the prettiest clean up on some of the branches but it should give you a little idea of the result you're looking for.
        Attached Files

Comment

See I don't get how my plant could go from what it looks like now to a main stem like that right out of the medium

Comment

I wish I had a picture handy of what it started as. I'll get on the laptop in a bit and see if I can find it. It was actually an accidental topping, my fan fell on top of a few of my clones and topped them for me. I'm pretty surprised by the end result honestly. I didn't think I would get a bush like that from just 3 mains.

Comment

Looks too fragile and spindly to me to be tying down - I would let it grow some before abusing her.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Here's that picture of what I was talking about. it's the one on the top left. I just kind of kept bending the branches down and let it grow.
                Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X