Fan leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan leaves

HELP!!! I asked the wife to take off the big fan leaves as i have big hands and didn't want to damage the plant!
    well.... I've come back into the room and she's snipped ALL of them!!! I now have the main stem with little shoots coming off ... Has she done damage or will it be ok?
    I'm 3 weeks off switching to flowering??
    Thanks
    Dave✌

Comment

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      Can’t see your soil well. Do you have perlite mixed in? Needs about 30-40% perlite by volume.

If you are 3 weeks from flowering - I would wait maybe 4-5 weeks now. It’s a stress factor on the plant for sure. You can watch it closely and see how much and fast it recovers. It al depends on the plant of course. But it’s missing some “solar panels” now
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I wrote a comment before I saw the photo.
      It looks healthy, and you have a great amount of leaves.
      Watch it closely how it reacts
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Your comment has saved her a lot of healing 😂😂
        Thanks for your quick response... I thought she'd killed it !!
        ​​​​​​​Dave✌

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t think she killed it.. but its definitely going to get some stress from it. And I would let it recover really nice before switching to flower - in my opinion😎 and then be carefully with the defoliation in the next step of course 🤣

She's going nowhere near it again!!
        once again thanks
        Dave✌

Comment

• Korn
          Korn commented
          Editing a comment
          No need for her or you to fear. She did good job.

Dave1972 A lot of people defoliate during vegetation to expose bud sites to light and get them to grow faster. She didn't hurt the plant. https://www.growweedeasy.com/defoliation
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thanks a lot for responding
          Dave✌

Comment

• Korn
            Korn commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Dave, teach her as you go. No need for her to fear. She did a good job in my opinion. I am constantly defoliating on a weekly basis as needed. My thoughts are if I strategically remove a few fan/shade leaves here and there (that I believe are blocking light and airflow or because they are showing some mold or mildew, etc.) I will not be stressing the plant as much and that has been my experience. Occasionally Removing 2-3 leaves per plant would be much less stress than 10 or 15 All at once.

She took 8 big fan leaves off at once but if that's ok then it's fine!
          what do you do with them leaves?
          Thanks
          Dave✌

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            I save them all, in the end of harvest I make BHO

I usually compost them outside. However, I have a Jamaican friend who taught me to put the raw green leaves in a mason jar with some rum or vodka to steep a few weeks. If you feel like you are Coming down with a cold take a tablespoon 1-2 times a day. It will knock it out. It has worked for me. Click image for larger version

Name:	E1F7C64D-2E43-4AA9-8967-CF4F2B657736.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	406149
          If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

The plants she defoliated have drooped really bad is this normal?
            would giving them more light help?
            Thanks
            Dave✌

Comment

Some pics of the droopy plants along with the non-droopy plants may be helpful. Unless your light is some badass, super powerful super nova gamma ray producing machine more light is usually a good thing just don’t get it too close to the plant. 15-20” should be ok. What kind of light you using?
              If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Hey Dave1972 , dont be freaking on the old lady man...not cool..lol. She actually did a Good job for her first attempt at defoliation haha. It took me 2-3 grows before i would cut that much off. But i do it now.
                It'll fill out in no time. You'll probably have to defol again before you flip in three weeks. How bad are they drooping now? are they just a little stressed? dont change much for a day or two..let them recuperate.
                Good luck..
                Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                Canna Coco/perlite
                General Hydroponics Flora Series
                Cal/Mag.

Tent
                Bruce Banner
                Kushy Kush
                2Cookies and cream

Comment

I know this will be unpopular on here but its backed by personal experience with lots of different species.
                  Plants are a lot more durable than some folk'll have ya believe. Example. Last night I bent this Jilly Bean out kinda level & snipped the hell out of her. You can see the pile in the center of the recycling bin. I bet it was 1/4... maybe 1/2oz wet. At least 10 cuttings needed to be cloned but I'm proud of myself- I only kept the best 3 lol. She has already turned up & thrown a nice healthy new node on each top........ FAR from a stressful setback. Just sayin.
                  *Just wait til the nxt one needs transplanting- I'll do pics & have some of y'all callin DHS to have my babies taken away from me lol.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fuck DHS

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lololol. Agreed.
                    Last edited by JDU; 05-20-2020, 12:17 PM.

What's D.H.S??? Police??

Comment

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They're the ones who take kids from the ppl they deem as 'unfit' parents.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X