Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I’ve got a problem. First grow. Leaf spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! I think I’ve got a problem. First grow. Leaf spots?

I topped them yesterday. Today I noticed a few leaves with these spots. I’m clueless. A few weeks ago I overfed but that’s been corrected. Any ideas?

Looks like white powder mildew thick foilage way to much N. Defoliate would help with mildew and flush with plain water. Make sure plants are drying out before you water.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      hard to tell under those lights. A picture under more natural light may help.

Tell more about your growing medium.
    your PH leves.
    what nutrients you fed them. For example

hard to make a diagnosis with these things.

Do you maintain a proper PH level?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

To me it looks like whatever you had on your hands was transferred on to your leave when you topped it yesterday.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Ok. I defoliated a lot yesterday when I topped. I took off a few bottom nodes and many fan leaves as well. These spots weren't there then. I’m pretty sure. There was already some tips burnt from a few weeks ago. I also increased the ppms from around 250 to 325 for this week starting yesterday. I’ve been feeding everyday with runoff being around 160 for the bigger plant and 250 for the smaller one. I started feeding daily because when I waited a few days to do it the runoff would be really high (like 550) and that’s how they got burned (I think). I’m using coco and perlite mix with cal-mag, advanced nutrients 3-part and RO water. PH is 5.8-5.9.

Comment

• Obi-Wan
          Obi-Wan commented
          Editing a comment
          I know you’ve already received some good advice below but if you don’t see results by adding more Cal-Mag I would suggest adjusting your pH up to 6.1-6.2 for at least 1 or 2 feeding per week. I always aim for 6.0 in Coco and try to let it drift up to 6.1-6.2. Having said that my situation is different than yours in that I feed in a recirculating flood and drain system and you are feeding drain to waste. In your case just alternating the pH once or twice a week can make all the difference.

From the pictures I would say a slightly nute burn. Some of the tips on the leaves are burned a little bit.
        the PH should be on spot when growing in coco
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup I see it too - ease up on your watering - you'll be doing your roots and plant a big favor if you let it dry out and get some air to the roots.
          Plant will return the favor.

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly, less is more

I think it’s a cal mag deficiency. I increased the amount I fed today from 1.5ml per gallon to 2.5ml. Maybe I should add more but I’m pretty sure they weren’t getting enough.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just add some ever time you water - I have cal mag in every water feeding I give, never seen a toxicity from a cal-mag to be honest

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X