whats your experience with kratky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats your experience with kratky

seems like the easiest method so long as you can read ppm well enough.

apparently better growth than aerated dwc so why don't i see more people singing its praises?

Sounds interesting, never heard of it (under this name) so I looked it up;
    Learn about the pros & cons of the Kratky method and how to build a simple system with 2X4X8" planks, pond liner, and blue board.

Comment

I would use kratky with plants that i didnt care about like lettuce, but not with pot plants. The problem with krakty is there is no oxygen being put into the water (plant breaths through upper roots not in water). It does work but it also has more opportunity for root rot and other issues. Full disclosure, i have never done krakty but have seen people do it (on veggies) and the water by the end is like pond scum. My personal opinion is it's better to have the extra oxygen to help prevent any anaerobic bacterial growth. If you do try it i would love to see results because i could be wrong. I personally do the bucket method with air stones. If i could legally grow pot where i am i would give it a try myself but since i cant, every plant has to be a producer for me at the moment.

Comment

ya i figured water may get skummy faster but in absence of light and some utilization of h202 and other hydro tricks i figured it'd be managable to keep it down to less than 4 water/container cleanings required per grow.

​​​​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X