Temp below 50f for about 6 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blazed227 View Post
    So my grow room dropped to like 43-45 at one point during lights out because of my new exhaust fan.
    ​I guess because my new fan is to strong an sucks cold air from every crack in my shed.. i think i got it sorted out an temps are stayin about 72-75 lights on. Not sure during lights out, got a heater helping during lights out.. dont do nothin when lights are on cause my exhaust fan sucks so much cold air in ,the heater does just about nothin.. so i put fan on a timer so every 3 hours when lights are off the fan will kick on for 30 mins just to circ air. An hopefully the heater will keep it warm enough with the fan off... only problem is i have a veg tent with a passive exhaust from the tent to main room an with door closed it sucks good ,to much acctually.. tryin to keep my tent warm.. tryin to seal all the cracks an stuff up cause my 1500 watt heater cant keep up with fan on... any ideas.. i can draw a diagram if needed.. anyway my planta were really really droopy yesterday. My question are they gonna die? Or will they be ok.. how long will it take to recover? They were drooping worse then ever..
    OMG I feel your pain! My shed gets extremely hot in Summer and now I see it's extremely cold in winter. It is my first year growing in there. My heaters need a serious upgrade this weekend. I was doing my first hydro bubbler grow and had about two weeks left but there was literally ice in the water FOR DAYS!!!! Surprisingly my soil grown ladies are still going strong in the same room but I definitely have to get another heater and ultimately hope to wall in / insulate the entire shed for better temp control. Good luck with your girls, they should bounce back!

Comment

Originally posted by kinadianmedgrower View Post
      invest in a speed controller for your fan its a must have (in my opinion) you can get a cheap one on amazon for 15 bucks in Canada .. are they still drooping ???? they should recover i live in northern Ontario and have some friends that grow outside in sheds and in the winter the put down a heated blanket and keep it around 65 f and there plants always look great just a thought post some pics tho it will help every one help you
      Oh yes! Perfect idea ... heated blankets!! I didn't consider that and it's so obvious! SMH Thanks!

Comment

In my flower room i carpeted the floor then covered ot with thick rubber for like a shower pan then put this reflective carboard stuff on walls an floor.. besides the other room that gets pretty cold this one i think ive gotten a handle on.. hopefully.. i got the tent to stay around 81 an the flower room to about 77 last i checked.. had to open the outside intake tho cause got up to 90.. cant win... really cold or really hhot
        Visit my current grow at
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-5th-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-4th-grow

Comment

Ok so i guess my heater wasnt working right.. i got a diff one in tjere.. seem to be working a little better.. temps are stayin 77-81..heater should keep temps at bay during lights out... lights out is 9am-3 so shouldnt be that bad
          Visit my current grow at

Comment

hey invest into a temp a/c outlet this way you can allow the fan to be cut off when it reaches the temp you pick, also will not have to run all the time either. fairly cheap or you can always make your own from a thermostat. seal the shed with some caulk and foam sealer.

Comment

Yea i just ordered one from amazon. How can i posr pics on here cant figure it out
              Visit my current grow at

Comment

Im going to say dont worry about it. Outdoor plants in early season or late season can definitely get low temps.

I have an indoor setup in garage like area - only my insulation to keep the grow warm. I can personally keep the temps in the 70s when the weathers is 30. When the weather hits the teens and 20's my room can drop to 55 as it did the other day. Today the temp is 45 so I am again not worried. If I showed you what the room looked like battling swing temperatures- your mind would be blown because I have a lush room of growth its silly....HOWEVER....

will something be effected? You can only predict and guess about that. After a few days of wacky weather and things stabilize the plants are back in gear.

when i do get big drops- I smack on a heat lamp for baby chickens- it seems to raise the temps about 5 degrees which is exactly what I want at the low wattage. (125)

Comment

• r3m1
                  r3m1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i do want to say, that your plants could be fine with the adjust as they have had it happen from start but if a room drops to low in temps this can cause stretching of the plant. lower temps down mean a plant will die off (look at spring time temp changes outdoors) but lower temps can cause a plant to become more prone to becoming sick. I've personally can agree with temp changes to cause it to be a major worry but these low temps may cause a plant to go under stress, i had temps go from 85* down to 55* when my light went off noticed plants stems got dark purple as it happened a few days (not in a row), the purple only showed from the top of the plant not at the base. The soil may become colder and this can cause problems for the roots as they are not the toughest part of a plant, the root may become to cold in colder temps and take longer to warm up again, this can cause the soil to have temp issues causing slow growth ( from an expert gardener (45+years farming experience)that i know very well). having a temp controller to auto shut off fan when lowest temp reached is met, will increase a less likely chance for him to get low temps at lights out. dont use space heaters to warm up the area either as this will drop RH in the room and cause soil to dry out too fast. Look for a heater that is like the baseboard heaters in older homes(water is heated to warm the area so its not a dry heat) would be ideal to rise temps in the room if you unable to keep temps above 72*. anything lower then 72* i noticed stretching starts to occur with larger spacing in between nodes, while keeping temps from 75*-85* stretching is very limited and the plants seem to fill in very nice.

over all no temps drops will not cause major issues, but can cause more stretching to reach the heat/light source.

Dyna-Glo™ Propane Forced Air Heater RMC-FA60DGD - 30K - 60K BTU. Ships same day. Buy it and Save at GLOBALindustrial.com
                Last edited by dontknownuttin; 01-11-2017, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• r3m1
                  r3m1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  dry heat bud!!!

CO2and heat!

Comment

Power blanket?
                  Powerblanket Heaters On Sale At Global Industrial: Powerblanket Drum, Barrel, Thawing, Gas Cylinder, Pipe Heater Wrap & More. Low Prices, Quick Ship.

Comment

So if anyone was wondering there not dead.. there at about 70% went home they werent drooping nearly as bad an look alot better temps are stayin between 77-82 lights on an no lower then 64 lights off. Thanks to all the responses an helpful info
                    Visit my current grow at

Comment

• fozzy
                      fozzy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm glad they are all right!

You an me both!! Was alot of work went i to my 12 babys, just flipped them to flower tonight.. so will see .. there gettin to big lol gonna go thru my damn shed roof.. gonna have to cut a hole in the top lol. Temps are about 80-85 lights on 65-72 lights off. That should be ok right? My one plant in the veg tent is still real droopy i think because its in the led room an that one is in a biger pot an takes longer to dry out especially with the cold weather.. so hopefully she drys out.. wont be as sad if one kicks it rather then all 12..
                    Visit my current grow at

Comment

Just to be safe I would stay 65 and above! Sounds like you back on track!

I'm thankful for this "growing" community and for this plant!

Romans 10:9, 10 Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Chicsgro2 View Post

OMG I feel your pain! My shed gets extremely hot in Summer and now I see it's extremely cold in winter. It is my first year growing in there. My heaters need a serious upgrade this weekend. I was doing my first hydro bubbler grow and had about two weeks left but there was literally ice in the water FOR DAYS!!!! Surprisingly my soil grown ladies are still going strong in the same room but I definitely have to get another heater and ultimately hope to wall in / insulate the entire shed for better temp control. Good luck with your girls, they should bounce back!
                        300 Watt Aquarium heater is what you need no ice!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X