Grassy buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grassy buds

I have buds that seem like they were either dried too quickly or not cured very well. They are dry and the stems snap when bent, and also have a grassy smell. I did not grow/dry/cure them myself. I am wondering if there is any way I can improve the taste and smell? For example, will curing them further improve anything or remove the chlorophyll or grassiness at this point?

Everything I have found relates to either wet buds or Buds that have yet to be dried and cured.

Hello FortyNation hmm wonder if the plant was harvested way to early? I don't really think there's a good way of improving that but i'm no expert. Buds smell in mid to late flower is what I've found. I bet it was harvested early, sorry man
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by FortyNation View Post
      I have buds that seem like they were either dried too quickly or not cured very well. They are dry and the stems snap when bent, and also have a grassy smell. I did not grow/dry/cure them myself. I am wondering if there is any way I can improve the taste and smell? For example, will curing them further improve anything or remove the chlorophyll or grassiness at this point?

Everything I have found relates to either wet buds or Buds that have yet to be dried and cured.
      continue to cure them yourself

find a jar and let them air for an hour or two daily

or you could try the old paper bag trick

good luck

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        He can't cure them any longer if the RH is under 55%...

Sounds like they weren't dried properly. Slow/proper dry removes that grassy smell. There's a change you can improve them, air em out like vostak says. About all you can do.
      Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

You could try putting them in a jar with a humidi-pak for a couple of weeks. Pop the tops daily. see if you can put some moisture back into them if their already dry and crumbly. I wouldnt put them in paper bags..that'll just dry them out more. They were probably harvested too early..just wern't ready. Have you done a taste test yet? Go burn one and get back to us....lol
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          As homegrown has said I put my too quickly dried pot in a jar with a humidipak and burped it daily for weeks and the flavor did improve. Certainly not perfect but it does help.

Decarb it and make brownies

Comment

That's all I would do Rwise make brownies
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Yes! You can eat your mistakes as long as they make it to harvest.
            Coconut Grove
            4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
            4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
            32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
            Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Make BHO oil. Most easy step to get something to dab👍🏻
              Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X