Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nute Deficiency or just natural flowering process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nute Deficiency or just natural flowering process?

Greetings!
    This is my first grow, and the learning curve has been steep but also enjoyable.
    I am diligently ready and studying everything I can get hold of, but in the end the experience of others who have the knowledge is far better.
    I have 5 Durban Poison (fem) plants that are ending week 7 of flowering.
    It’s a hydro grow.
    I have been keeping the conditions and grow environment as close to ideal as I can, but I’ve struggled with ‘reading‘ the plants in terms of nute levels.
    I’m thinking I have a deficiency here, but I don’t know.
    I have a jewelers lens and all trichomes are still glassy and clear so harvest can’t be soon?
    thanks for any tips or advice, I’m happy to have joined GWE community.

I would say nute burn, but in the second pic top right side looks like it could be bud rot, look at it really close!

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like it👍🏻
      Could it maybe also be hermie? Why the hairs is maturing so fast. ? Hard to see when you zoom in on it.

• MittenMan
      MittenMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Burn would make sense too, I’ve kinda lost the handle on what they need nutrient-wise the past week
      The plants on right of pic are behind in terms of flowering development from Early Girl (large plant on left of main pic) I topped E.G. as an experiment, and not the other 4 girls.
      I’ll do another deep inspection when the light comes on in couple hours, but I don’t think there’s rot.
      But like I said, I am a total beginner, and loving this process.
      The smell is very strong too.
      Would a total clean (nute free) water flush be a good move?

I think you may have over fed causing calcium to lock out. Give the plant only water until harvest

Comment

I’m gonna do a full tank flush then later today, and count the days til harvest.
      Thanks all!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck

I hope it helps 🙏🏻
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• MittenMan
        MittenMan commented
        Editing a comment
        FYI, you were right about Early Girl being a hermie. I’m impressed you figured that out just from that pic. I can just see a few bananas trying to emerge, and I’ll pluck them when needed, but at this point I’m harvesting E.G. after one week of flushing, and she/he appears to still have quite a bit of usable bud.
        I’ve learned a lot on this first grow journey.

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Normally on other forums I would say; Told you that mr 😏
        But here we keep it simple : so I’m happy I could give that suggestion for you and you found out what to expect🙏🏻

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just question yourself about what maybe made the stress, that triggered them into a hermie.
        When you read nebulas article- nanners are more unstable and often a stress moment you made.
        While the pollen sacs is maybe more genetically

Everybody gotta be a beginner.
      my gut tells me heat stress was the culprit.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agreed. I’m just glad you found the problem 👍🏻
        This is why every grow it’s now wasted experience My guts just maybe me think about the hermie thing.
        No grow is wasted time

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X