Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about node 3 on WW 29 days out of the ground, think I overwatered

Hi all, hope things find you well!

First time grower, WW photo, 29 days out of the ground, vipar V1200, 30" from plants, growing in 1/3 perlite, 2/3 Coco Loco, 5 gallon buckets with lots of holes in the bottom and bottom sides. I topped above node 4 two days ago and and removed nodes 1 and 2 three days ago. All was going well, I watered two days ago and node 3 got droopy (on all 4 of my plants) the day after watering. They all are a little less droopy today, and I think it was due to watering too early / over watering though the top 1" was dry. Do you think they are droopy from over watering or watering too often or is there something else going on (see photos)? The bottom lower leaves are form node 3. They seem to be getting better and I am pretty sure they will be okay if it is due to over watering but I am wondering if it could be something else. Take care, thank you for your comments.

They actually look pretty great. I’d go easier on the nutes but the plant is super healthy. Make it a habit to lift or tilt the pots to evaluate how heavy they are so you can know for sure if there’s water inside even when the top is dry

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe just throw in a water only watering once in a while to prevent the nitrogen from accumulating. The shade of green is already on the darker side so just take into consideration and reduce if you see he leaves getting darker and clawed

Gracias nuevedeidos. Actually, only nutrients so far are from whatever Is in to Coco Loco itself and FF Big Bloom (organic 0-0.5-0.7, NPK). The soil itself is probably pretty hot. Will lay off the Big Bloom for a while. So you think when I just watered two days it allowed the nutrients in the Coco Loco to gets into the plants causing the lowest nodes to droop?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      They are not drooping, The green is a bit too dark,

Pretty looking plant. But I would go easy on the Nitrogen a little bit. It has enough for now maybe👍🏻
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Hey wiese, knew a guy named Weisel, very nice guy though he was a Clemson fan. The thing is, I am not adding any N2, only fox farm big bloom... In searching the ends of the internet (no curled down leaves). I do not think it is too much N2 alone, more a combo of too much water and extra ready soil. In any case, they are feeling better...

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t know what Clemson is😅. Think it’s something from America maybe 😅😅
        Really - pretty dark colors then, I must say 👍🏻

Yes, dark green, thank you for the welcome comments... so you are from across the pond? Peace be with you...

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        The plant will outgrow the amount of nitrogen in the soil so don’t worry about what I said. Haven’t used soil in a while and assumed you were feeding it.

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Scandinavia here

I see ZERO problems. Looking smart.
      Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X