First grow going good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow going good?

I was given a female clone (so I was told). I am not quite sure the strain. The plant looks super healthy and there is absolutely no yellowing or defect of any kind that I can see. I’ve been on a 12/12 schedule for about a week now. I’m wondering if there is anything I should be doing differently, advice that can be given, I’m pretty sure I have a female, but I’m not really sure yet. I think I need to wait for a bit longer. I think there are flowers that are growing but I’m not 100 percent sure on how to tell. My only concern is the top fan leaves shadow the lower spots and the purple stems on the fan leaves (the main stem is green and healthy looking). Is there anything I should do
    to this plant or not do? I topped it awhile ago and there have been no issues as far as growth for new spots. Any kind of advice I should do, not do etc is greatly appreciated. Or if there is anything noticeable to identify sex definitively. Thanks so much for any feedback, this is my first grow and she (fingers crossed) seems happy and healthy.

What is the size of your pot ?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Xconian
      Xconian commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s about 8 inches deep and 10 inch wide

Looks good so far - grow medium seems questionable - grow medium is lacking perlite - needs transplanting soon.
    Only way to be sure of sex is patience - but really - who clones a male? Probably 98% in favour of female.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Cool ya for the grow medium I just have organic soil mixed with compost. I haven’t given it any kind of perlite a or anything just water in a spray bottle a few times a day. The soil is a garden mix I forget the name. What size pot should I plant it into. And when? And is the optic the type of light? And 3x3 gorilla the pot type and size?

Comment

Also how much perlite should I add

Comment

Add 30-40% perlite or leca, in the amount of soil you are using.
          what size of pot is up to you, depends on how big plant you want - 20-30 Liter should do the job ...
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Ok thanks a bunch for the info. I’ll keep posting pics for updates. Would it be bad to continue with 12/12 or can I continue to do so without harm?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you giving it 12/12 now ? Then it will transfer into flower ? If this is not your goal you need to give it 18/6 instead ..

Yes I’m at 12/12 now I’m not trying to make a humongous plant just something for personal/test run then get the process down first. I just wanna make sure that there are enough bud sites cuz I don’t know how to tell if there is or not

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you run 12/12 you will get a pretty small buds - but that is the good about photos, you decide your self how big the plants and buds are going to be.
              Personally I don’t think you have enough buds sites. But it’s my opinion of course. Like canuck147 is saying - it’s doing good. Just need a bigger pot soon

Okie dokie thanks a bunch fellas I’ll keep you updated and I probably will transplant into a bigger pot sooner rather then later. How can you identify bud sites?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              How long have it been on 12/12 ?
              Because all the small leaves you se now - like the side branches the top of them will be buds site- and of course when it start to stretch There will be a little more on the branches.
              Look at some toturials here on the site and look at lot of pictures it’s the most easiest, than have me to explain that

Ok I thought that was where they would be. It’s been on 12/12 for almost a week now. I just picked up a 30 lite pot and will probably transplant today or tomorrow if it’s safe to do so? If not then I’ll keep it where it’s at and regulate the height as much as possible

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              For a week ? It should almost start showing pistils then. I would transplant immediately! And remember the perlite or leca 30-40% in the pot mixed with the soil.
              Then you have a good change. But you must do it now, if it’s been 7 days since you made the 12/12 shift👍🏻

It’s been 5 days today I think pistils are growing however I’m not 100 percent sure how to identify this. I’ve done research But have a
            hard
            time understanding how to locate them

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              They normally come between 8-11 days. The pistils

Okie dokie I think I understand I checked out the pics on the website. It looks like it’s just too early at this stage to tell I’m gonna try and get a closer look thank for the advice all. I’ll keep you posted I appreciate the input

Comment

Hey guys so an update (for 24 hours lol) I transplanted my plant today into a performance organics soil with perlite and nutrients in it. I mixed it with green mountain compost (what I used in the first soil). Any negative reviews against this soil even though I already did? I know there is shock from transplant but is there a huge red flag or anything I should remedy if I notice? I understand dropping after transplant due to shock but I wanted to make sure there was
              nothing else? I watered immediately after the transplant I’ve attached a few pics so y’all can check it out. Thanks fellas the pot size is a believe a 15-20 liter with drainage.

Comment

A girly girl? I’m pretty sure so let me know what you think. There’s white hairs now I hope the pics are clear let me know if not and I’ll try to get better ones.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X