No announcement yet.

Need help assessing trichomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

​ I've said it before and I'll say it again. When you are absolutely positively sure it's ready, wait two more weeks.

Comment

Ya. Sorry I didnt wait longer

Comment

I keep trying to send a pic of the bud, but it doesn't seem to accept photos from camera. Only from microscope. Here is today's trichomes after being in the dark for 24 hrs. I'm thinking I will leave in dark for another day then harvest. ....I hope.
        Very thankful to the group as I would have regretted harvesting 3 weeks ago when I first thought it was time. Lol

Comment

Does anyone see any amber? At all?

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. A couple

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            If mine, I'd wait another week or so.

Well the pot gods have spoken! My pump hose detached itself and sprayed water all.over the floor in grow room. Cookies are coming down. After checking trichomes again this morning, I'd say timing is perfect. Amber trichomes more visible today.

Is this enough amber to say couch lock buzz? Or am I still in the nice energetic high window?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            You wont get couchlock from them.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to wait it out like you did. I looked back at other pics of yours from 5/13 some cloudy now. Some may not turn cloudy or amber and your time frame is past do I think from what you said now it's been in flower for 12wks or more ?

Yes I am at 13.5 weeks since flipping to bud

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            So give a week or so to see the flowering happen and your right near the window. Can you wait some more if you want couch lock? Or smoke more than usual would do it LOL but it's up to you. In desperate need I've taken them with 1/2 cloudy, clear just kinda more sativa high than indica and smoked more helped to relax us but everyone reacts different. All mostly cloudy to 20-30% amber of course would help but sometimes who knows they don't go amber???

I'm not looking for couch lock. I just wanted enough amber to be at peak energetic buzz. I thought I had quite a bit of amber now. Don't I? The plant is coming down as we speak. After leak last night, I'm ready to clean it all up and start next generation.

I learned a ton on this grow and cant wait to see the next. Will need to up my training techniques for next crop.

Will have gods green crack, girl scout cookies, and cherry pie og.
          any strain specific tips?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Well then you'd be good to harvest. Yes I see a couple amber. I got this lighted jewlers loupe LED it throws off clearer trichs but I also have old fashion loupe it helps in reg. lightning. So yes i'd think you are in the zone you want. I think your there. Please don't shoot the messenger LOL

Excellent. I have the jewlers loop but my eyes are too old to see clearly through it. I find the digital microscope is much easier to see. Plus I love the ability to share the pics with group. Thanks everyone for feedback.

I will start a new post soon for training techniques on new crop. Looking forward to the suggestions.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X