Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Thoughts on this plant?

Hello everyone,

I have this Berry Bomb Auto in soil, 2 weeks into flowering. She’s been doing great. Doubled in size last week. Pot is 16L (4gal).
    Soil and nutrients are from Canna. Mars Hydro TS1000 15” away.
    RH is 45% and temp 22C. Water going in is at 5.9ph and the run off 6.2ph. A couple days ago she started drooping at the top. Any thoughts or comments on her health are greatly appreciated.

Ps. Apologies about the wrong orientation of the photos. There seems to be a bug when I post through Chrome+iPhone.

Hi Mal, The leaves look good, this might help with the drooping: https://www.growweedeasy.com/droopin...water-cannabis
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

How much water do you feed Them at the time ?
      for me they looks fine actually. I grown a lot of autos - and they seem to do that when they transfer into flower a little bit.
      I would it worry that much. The plant look pretty healthy overall
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Looks pretty healthy. Maybe a little bit of light stretching going on and maybe over-watering but otherwise looks fine to me.
        Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
        Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. She is dry after 60-70 hours and very light so I water every 3 days roughly with about 4,5L of water. Bud growth seems to have slowed down a bit. The question is if the pot will be ok to finish in it or would it be worth to transfer to a root-nurse 20L (fabric). I know it’s not ideal to transplant so late into flowering but I reckon she’ll struggle where she is now. I am a first time grower hence all the questions.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            4,5 l? It’s way too much in my opinion..
            I have autos in 20 liters of pots - never have I given them more than 1L maximum.
            16L pot is fine for an auto. I think you are over watering them. 4,5 l in every 3 days, sounds extreme to me - my opinion

They need dry days in the soil also - so they get some oxygen

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Malevolentus If she is root-bound, you need to transplant her. I'm not sure that's the probem, can you feel the pot and see if it feels filled up with roots? Or pull her out to see if that's the case?

Can you take a picture of theplant in the pot and let us see the pot?

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Could be root bound also - maybe this is the case why it’s drinking that much then

It is a lot indeed but after I’ve given that I get about 20% run off. I make sure I don’t water unless the soil dry enough. She gets extremely light and I leave it for at least 12 hours before I water. You reckon I should give less and not bother with run off?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Run off is fine. But how many nutes are you giving ? If you give enough nutes. Then run off is perfect. Every plant I different.
            But if not you wash the most the nutes away in the soil with run off water.
            It’s hard for me to determine of course - I just think it’s a lot of water 🤷🏼‍♂️ The plant is drooping a little - and you write it’s not growing at the speed you want to. Maybe it’s the water.

I’m giving it what Canna suggests for normal feeding. Nothing too crazy. I use the Flores one at the moment. I’ll take your advice and let her go a bit more thirsty and feed less.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            I use canna. But for an auto I never to full nutrients

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            But as alltatup Is suggesting it could be root bound and that is the case why it drinks so much maybe ?? If you give nutes, don’t worry about the run off then 👍🏻

There she is in the pot. I think tomorrow I’ll be able to transplant her as she’ll be dry enough to move. Will check roots.

Comment

She is getting there though

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              She needs to be re-potted. Let her grow, EAT!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mal plant copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	300.6 KB ID:	404716

I flipped your picture in Preview on my mac. She's a gorgeous plant, Mal.

Did you read the link I sent you?
            https://www.growweedeasy.com/droopin...water-cannabis

You're the one who has to figure out exactly what's right and what's wrong in the grow room, because you're the one who's orchestrating the whole process. You have to know the signs of over- or under-watering and of a plant being rootbound.

Here's another link on roots: https://www.growweedeasy.com/rootbou...nabis-symptoms This page will tell you how to know if your plant is root bound or not. (As a hydro grower, I've never had to look that up! ;-} But I've read everything on so many other cultivation issues: Basically, gwe taught me how to grow.

I personally don't think it's all that easy: but most importantly, for me it requires a completely involved relationship with the plant where I'm taking the absolute best care of her so that she will produce the absolute best buds for me. The very best medicine.

I have to spend time with my plants, and I mean quality time with them every day to make sure it's all on point: roots are happy, leaves are happy, new buds are happy, no pests, no signs of problems, reservoir smells good. I can kinda feel them vibrating with health and happiness. This requires an intimate relationship.

I find this is the very best way to nip problems in the bud, so to speak. And that's what you're doing now, which is real good. Some people don't even seem to look at their plants until they notice a huge infestation of spider mites.

The attention I pay to their needs is rewarded by fkn good, kind, fragrant, sticky icky icky bud.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by alltatup; 05-14-2020, 03:54 AM.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Malevolentus
              Malevolentus commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks alltatup! So I repotted this morning to a fabric one which is 20L and it was the biggest one i've got. Then thoroughly watered and fed. She was stunted so I reckon she'll need a couple days to catch up. I keep checking out all the links on here and have read all the guides (numerous times) but sometimes when there's a grey area I prefer I ask the question rather than pretend I know what's happening and chance it. It's my first grow and given the current circumstance I have all the time in the world to devote to them. I did some LST early on to her but wasn't confident about topping. Thanks again for all your help!

So far I'm really enjoying my new hobby!

P.s. I emailed the webmaster about that photo issue. There seems to be a bug when posting through my iPhone.

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Can’t do it with my iPhone either:/

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Malevolentus I totally agree with you: I kept reading and reading on the other website, but there were many times when I had to ask my fellow growers what the heck to do, when I panicked a couple of time.

Can't wait to see the next picture of her!!!!

So, a couple weeks have passed since I asked for advice. It looks to me that she's doing alright. The question now is this: Do I need to start flushing? She's in week 10 now.

Some correctly orientated photos to help you help me!

Thank you again in advance!

Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              She is not ready to flush should you do so it's up to you. All her hairs are white and standing up not close to harvest. Could be another month?

vostok

A flush before harvest isn’t needed at all, if you think of nutrients in the soil. A good article Vostok made a post about.m, worth reading actually 👍🏻
            the curing process is the most important.
            Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
            You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Thank you both for your responses. That article was very enlightening. I’ll give the no-flush a go. In the meantime I’m fighting what seems to be a calcium deficiency. It appeared after I gave it some PK 13/14.
              Also managed to grab some macro shots of the trichromes. Not ready to be harvested yet but it looks like I’ll be able to make the call using my camera.

Attached Files
              Last edited by Malevolentus; 06-02-2020, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X