Light cycle for one indica plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light cycle for one indica plant

I’m a noob who is attempting growing a small auto flowering indica plant and I’ve decided to grow it in a closet. Although it’s auto flowering, I’m looking for some pointers on what basic equipment I will need for one plant (preferably the cheapest option). Will an LED light be suffice and if so, how many hours will I need the light on the plant. Will I need a small tent and fan also? Thanks for any advice

For a auto you’ll want to have it under a light at least 18hrs a day. I do 20 on/4 off and some prefer to leave the light on all day the plants entire life but it’ll need 18hrs of light per day minimum.

For 1 plant in a closet you could use a few CFL’s or get yourself a cheap fluorescent light, the results won’t be great but you can get your feet wet and see how you like it. Personally I would go the cheap route until you decide it’s something you want to do. With cheap lights for one plant in a closet heat and humidity shouldn’t be a issue, just put a small fan in there to circulate the air. Since it’s a auto you could grow it in a empty coffee can with holes in the bottom. They only need a couple gallon container and that would definitely be the cheap route lol

Comment

Auto flowers in repurposed plastic coffee cans. Lots of holes for drainage, these are at 5 wks.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        There it is! I remembered seeing this pic on one of your other post lol that’s some good stuff right there

Would a 250w LED light work, with a fan. 18 hours on? Would that be the only equipment I will need then?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        If that is 250w from the wall sure will work. 18 on is what lots of folks use just like the other poster said some folks do 20 on 4 off. I'm thinking you'd be ok for the setup. Now the important thing is if you want a decent harvest is the soil and if you plan on giving a nutes? Just want to say, those coffee containers are not the optimum grow for autos, this is kinda of an experiment to see how they can take small container. They love 2-3gal. fabric pots, bigger roots bigger fruits as they say. But I get where your coming from with your set up. We all start somewhere.

There is a lot more, fans, hydrometer, thermometer, carbon filter (for smell), PH test, some would say a tent
      Are you going to use soil or hydro etc.? Soil perlite nutes,,,, I use my own organic living soil.
      Do what you can to get started and upgrade when you can.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X