Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL pale brownish spots on leaves

Hi everyone,

I've been seeing these weird pale brownish spots on the lower leaves of my plant, there also drooping. does anybody have any idea what could be causing this?
    I'm using a qb280 as my lightsource. the temperature has been steady at 23°C for the past week with humidity around 65%. they are in their fourth week now.
    as feed i'm just using these organic tablets, that i've been using without a problem for the past couple of grows.
    Post with 0 views. pale brown spots

What is your Ph levels ? In your water feeding and the soil ?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• froopienooples
      froopienooples commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have a ph meter, because i was always told when growing with organic nutrients in soil, you don't really need it...

What soil are you using ?
    It’s not so much the organic nutes. It’s more the soil you are using ?
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is the soil just organic ? Or is it a living organic soil ?

• froopienooples
      froopienooples commented
      Editing a comment
      it's just organic.
      It's this local brand a lot of people in the netherlands use, and i've never had any problems with it...
      also only 2 of the 3 plants seem to be having a problem.
      thanks for the reply's so far by the way

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      If it’s not an living soil. You still need to monitor the ph even if you are using organic nutes.
      Every plant is different, even the soil on every pot with the PH. And the buffer zone in the soil is also different.
      Many people are lucky it all fits together. I had some grows where is all where good.
      My suggestion is check the Ph in water and soil first.

Could it be light burn from water collecting on the leaves?

Comment

• froopienooples
      froopienooples commented
      Editing a comment
      i've thought about that, but it seems weird that it's only affecting the lower parts.
      I just ordered a ph meter, seems reasonable to check out that route.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is why I don’t think it’s light burn.

It’s a good start to lockout that question- because a ph that is out of range it can‘t absorb the required nutrients, is actually pretty common with symptoms. And the first starter to problems.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      And it’s the most easiest to fix, before diagnosis any other problems. If from the start it was the PH that was wrong

What size are your pots ?

Comment

I don’t think you have dificiencies. Because you write you are givinf nutes. When I read a little further on symptoms - phosphorus give that kind of marks if it’s missing it. But if the PH is wrong it can’t absorb the nutrients in the soil because of a lockout

Comment

• froopienooples
        froopienooples commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah i'm going to check it out, hopefully i get my meter before the end of the week...

And do you feed the plant with Cal-Mag ? Or is there cal-mag in your organic nutes?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im usinor General hydroponics. But all my other stuff is CANNA and so next time I’ll be buying CANNA’s cal mag. But my plants are doing pretty well with GH.

I live I Portugal and are using my tap water, straight. As long as the Ph fits, you are going to be fine 👍🏻

• froopienooples
        froopienooples commented
        Editing a comment
        ok, thanks for all the advice man,
        Happy growing!

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem mate. Just come back if it’s continue to make some problems👍🏻

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X