Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An alternative to mainlining - might this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An alternative to mainlining - might this work?

I've been planning to get tomato hoops for my next batch to go in flowering. They are six clones taken from the plants currently in flower and are about 7 weeks old. My idea for these guys is to tie the stem to the hoop at the closest point it can reach then continue to tie the main stem around the hoop as it grows until it meets itself then stop tying and flip to flower. Has anyone ever tried anything like this? It seems to me that the yields would be similar for less trouble.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

It would get more yeild than a plant growing straight up in topped but it would get tight in the tomato rings and you would have lots of trimming. I've done something like that but no tomato rings just a big wide pot and tying them to the circumference of the pot till I had a full circle, then I chopped anything growing from the bottom side of the stem, and topped it once it made a full circle to promote branch growth, but again it gets tight in the middle of the circle. I cut out most of the middle aside from a few strong branches. Then focused on branches growing from the outside of the circle, I wouldn't do it again though. It turned out to be lots of work compared to topping to get 4 main lines then topping them again to get 8 then mainly letting them grow after tying them down. If you have time and room go for it. See how it goes. If you do, start a grow journal on it.
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I might just try my idea out on just one of the Black Widows and compare it to how the other two grow and produce with mainlining. I wish I could start them already. The ones in flower are at week number finish-the-hell-up-why-don't-you.

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah yes... The week that takes a month to go by. I'm in the same time warp right now. It drags on. I'm looking at another 2 to 3 weeks which will feel like 2 months.

Here's mine. Hoping 2 weeks and 3 for the one sativa. But the fall colors are really coming out. Yellows and purples, love it watching them change but yes. Hurry the hell up already 😠.
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
      Editing a comment
      They are beautiful. I've only got two that turn purple. I'm about get to where I can unplug the heater and let the temps get down into the 60s overnight.
      Last edited by UndergroundFarmer; 05-13-2020, 08:50 AM.

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      Here the last 6 seeks it's been down as low as 10 degrees Celsius not sure of the conversion exactly but it's made a difference forsure. Can't wait they're so close..

• UndergroundFarmer
      Editing a comment
      65 F is about 18 C. 10 C is about 50 F and that's too chilly for indoor plants. I'm not going to worry so much about colors anyway as long as my stash is replenished. Except for a few grams of GSC a friend brought in, I haven't acquired any new weed for myself since October 2018!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X