Outside grow in Northeast US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside grow in Northeast US

First time grower looking for guidance. I plan on attempting an outside grow in the Northeast US using Northern Lights - auto. Does anybody have any thoughts on when is a good time is to start my seeds? It is still pretty cool outside right now. I purchased some Fox Farm Organic soil to use in the pots along with a pH tester. I welcome anybody's input.

Hi gman, These two articles should help:

Are you ready to start growing cannabis outdoors? If you're a new grower looking for a quick and basic tutorial on how to grow weed outside, this is it!

What are auto-flowering strains and what should you expect when you grow one? Learn what you need to know and get the pros and cons of auto-flowering vs photoperiod strains, and get grow tips and secrets to getting better yields/potency!

I'm total opposite of you: I grow indoors, hydroponically, photoperiod plants, so that's all the help I can offer.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I live in Maine, I am going to germinate my auto last week of May So I can have it above soil for a few days before I put it outside. Space is precious in my little cabinet and the weather has been on the cooler side. So we’ll see what happens.

Comment

I’m in the mid Atlantic region, not quite the northeast but im located in high elevation so our temps may be close. I’ve never grown autos outside but with my regular plants I usually start them indoors in March then move them outside the weekend after Mother’s Day which will be this weekend coming up. If I was you I’d go ahead and get them going inside under a T5 or something just to get them going then move them outside in a couple weeks.

Comment

start inside late April, early may. plant outside memorial day weekend. start more mid july outside and harvest late sept or early oct.

Comment

Here in OK I went outside a while back, covered for frost twice, and today (our first 14 hour day) the high 55*F. Many girls will be ripe in 2 weeks, I started them inside under 14/10s and they flowered so I sat them outside (~12/12s) and started more. Those are mostly flowering now, and I started more!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X