Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaves turning yellow, green, then dying. Nurtrient burn from overwatering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Leaves turning yellow, green, then dying. Nurtrient burn from overwatering?

Hello everyone. First time grower here. I am growing a northern lights/ critical haze seedsman fem in kind soil for my first go and have encountered a bit of a problem. I noticed my leaves were really dark green but my plant was growing well. I read up on problems here and realized I may have a boron deficiency due to high PH. I checked my PH and it was at about 7.4 so I adjusted it down to 6.3 with citric acid crystal as was recommended from the manufacturer( I bought from a grocery store for canning, I assume its all the same). I believe I over watered as I have been doing so when I felt the soil dry up to my first knuckle. I re-read the instructions today and they say to let the soil get bone dry the whole way through. Ooops!

Ever since then I have been getting slow growth, my leaves turn white or yellow at the tips, turn a nice beautiful green and then turn brown and die. I wanted to do a manifolding technique I saw recommended here but am not sure that would be the best idea at this point. Can I save this plant? Did I screw up? As someone who has never grown a plant in his entire life I am honestly proud I got this far so I wouldn't be too crestfallen if I had to start over. Thanks for any input in advance!
    Last edited by JustAnotherGrower; 05-10-2020, 05:25 PM.

When it was going well, I think you maybe shoulda let it go well. At this point I'd repot into a bigger container. Then give her water and a light dose of nutes and lots of love.

Comment

Yep, she's out grown the pot so might as well up-size to at least 3 gal pot..if your gonna use plastic pots drill about 50 1/4 inch holes around the lower sides and bottom for good drainage. Fiber pots are really nice. Maybe flush it really good now with ph'd water,.. before you re-pot it. and start off with light nutes while she gets settled. There's no way i'd give up on that plant yet! good luck
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly mine words too, I agree!
        I think I have 60-70 holes in my 7 gallon pot with 1cm
        I would not either give up on the plant. Transplant and lots
        Of drainage

Ok, thanks everyone! I didn't purchase any nutrients as I read kind hot soil didn't need any additives but I will get on that ASAP. This is a 3 gallon pot and I figured I would have to go up one more. Thanks again everyone, I will try my best to keep her alive and will come back with some kind of news soon!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X