Nutrient burn or potassium deficiency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrient burn or potassium deficiency?

See photos.. She is now at week 4 of flowering. Nutrient burn or potassium deficiency? Photos of leaves are from May 1st and bud photo from 2 days ago.

Purple haze feminized.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	403444Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.44 MB ID:	403445Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	403446

When I look at the “bud” picture, the first. I see some leaf edges are slightly turning upwards. And some tips are burned. Also some leaf edges. I would say nute burn.
    But when I look at the last pictures - it looks like a defiencies, where all the leaves are laying in the soil.
    mas you say some potassium.
    how much of NPK are you feeding and what are the Ratio? Of these three?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Recommended amount per feeding. All organic nutes. Feed every second water. The potassium and phosphorus are what you see in the soil, from Budjuice. Only have given potassium once a few weeks ago when I started running into this problem.

The first picture with the "bud", the top of the plant is about 18" from the LED light and these leaves I'm not too worried about. If they look burnt at the tips, they've been like that for a while and haven't progressed any worst.

​​​​​​But the picture of the trimmed leaves, this is where my problem is. It's slowly progressed throughout two of my plants and has left them pretty bare. This is my first time growing and I've ran into a lot nutrient problems!

Ph 6.8
      Random potting soil with no fertilizer or very little in mix.
      5 gal pots with drainage holes

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        The PH levels is that your soil or your water when you make feeding ?

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you say you only gave potassium once, then it should not be a nute burn on the leaves. Also if you say you have a “random” potting soil with no fertilizer in it.
        Right now I think then you have a lockout of some nutrients then.

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        From all the info you are giving,
        But recommend ratio of feeding - it’s hard to know what you mean by that actually. It could be too much. But the Ph need to be closer to 6,1-6,3 for potassium for the roots to absorb the nutrients. This is why I ask if the soil if 6,8 or your water feeding

Update:

PH level of soil is around 6.5. Yes, only gave 1 tbsp of potassium (granular, mixed into the water and poured in as a slurry), gave another tbsp today. I am using Budjuice Bloom for potassium. https://www.budjuice.com/. After the first month of growing the plants developed a cal/mag deficiency so 5ml of that has been added since every feed. I have been feeding the plants with this from the beginning as well, https://www.budjuice.com/budjuice-10...s-1000ml-.html. Supplementing with recommended more potassium and cal/mag now.

Comment

This is my first grow and I ran into cal/mag deficiencies and now potassium? Will these plants make it a few more weeks? This is probably the third time they are losing most of their leaves but this late into flower the damage is done..
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20200515_094146.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	405113Click image for larger version

Name:	20200515_092158.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	405112Click image for larger version

Name:	20200515_092406.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	405111Click image for larger version

Name:	20200515_092213.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	782.8 KB
ID:	405110

Comment

alltatup I have a problem here - its kind a hard for me to make a diagnosis here. Need a secondary opinion
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Could you elaborate more about your set up and environment? The plant is showing “deficiencies” but most likely you have a problem down the roots

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              I Think deficiencies also. But I don’t now what type is it actually. Could be phosphorus.

Temps hi 23 low 19, carbon filter, 1200W LED light, grow tent.. 50% humidity. What other info are you looking for?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              How about the soil? Do those pots have enough drainage holes? How often you water and how much water ?

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              He wrote random potting soil, with very little fertilizer in it.
              Do you think it’s the drainage and the roots are suffering?

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes I think so

Are you taking pictures while It’s in its dark period ?
            Or you just turned it off because you needed to take a couple of pictures?

Comment

• kinect360
              kinect360 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes just turned the lights off while watering the plants, I don't have grow light glasses. Took a picture shortly after

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Never interrupt the light. It will confuse the plants. Some cases they will herm.

CaptainWiese91 I'm not a soil grower!!! But when I see a plant looking like that, I have to agree with 9fingerleafs and go with the roots.

So I have yet to see a Cannabis plant that's really suffering from deficiencies cuz we all feed our plants so well: it's probably nutrient lockout. Without reading all the posts, I see that the plants look stunted and weak, not strong. So it looks like they've been struggling for a while and never got up the steam to grow strong.

kinect360 It looks like you've had a variety of problems. I say, read the tutorials on soil growing over on the other GWE site. And I also always say that growing weed indoors isn't easy. It's a delicate balancing act that actually requires a lot of know-how.
            Last edited by alltatup; 05-15-2020, 02:20 PM.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              I once flowered 4 plants with no nutrients since before the switch. They produced way more than I imagined which leads me to believe the amount of nutrients the plant stores during veg is essential for the stretch. The plants grew tall but the buds were small and two of them hermied and that’s how I created my first cross/feminized seeds. I’ve grown around 40 of those seeds and only had 3 true hermies. A couple of banana throwers and 35 solid females.

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have plants in normal soil - week 2 bloom. Only fed them once with bloom nutrients. No veg nutes at all

alltatup i know you’re not a soil grower at all mate 😅. But you still have a decent experience. sorry !
            I so think the dificiencies is coming from a lockout

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm actually helping a friend learn how to grow indoors in soil, so I'm learning!!! In July it makes 4 years that I've been growing.

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              It will be a lot easier if you sit in front of every soil grower - instead of looking a pics for diagnosing. I’m new to the forum here and it just 10% harder to help in here. Because of all the information you actually need - and again don’t know the grower for example.
              experience is never bad - but you really have your hands on Hydro. Need your help some day in the future there - for sure
              I’ve been growing for 2 years last month - but only soil.
              Never hesitated to another medium

Ok so I'd say two months in, whenever I water the plants, the soil doesn't retain much water. It runs off very easily. But the soil would stay moist for 2-3 days nonetheless.

Comment

You probably have a lock out.

Comment

This was the soil https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/g...1403p.html#srp

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200515_185140.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	352.6 KB
ID:	405235

Comment

So if my ph is 6.5, I need to bring it down to correct the lockout, is that correct?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X