AM I doomed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AM I doomed

My first week into my first time using Mother Earth Coco/perlite and NOW all the answers are coming out. It seems as though just about everyone is bashing this brand. The majority are saying plants DON'T grow very quickly while using this brand. They say it simply holds TOO MUCH water. I was originally was told I'd be watering every other day and feeding every other watering. Right now the 7-gallon cloth pots still seem way too heavy.

Should I wait this thing out or switch NOW to my old soil (Fox Farms Ocean/Happy Frog combo) At least I'm comfortable with that. If I switched would I have to switch nutes too? I currently have the General Hydroponic nutes.

Plant on right is Aurora. Plant on left is Blue Venom (about a week younger than the Aurora)

Comment

• Willyd
      Willyd commented
      Editing a comment
      how old are they? seeing the pictures id leave them alone they don;t look bad at all

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      i think they look pretty good as well, 7Gal pot is pretty big for smaller plants so watering every other day is WAY to often. Let the plants tell you when to water. It may take 5 days for those big pots to dry out. I recently switched to coco from soil and it did take a bit of getting used to(i usually water every 3-4 days in 5Gal pots). Hang in there, let um dry out, then resume your water/feed schedule.

i'm not a pro but if what your using isn't working and you have something that you know does work i'd switch as far as the nutes I don't see any reason to switch as long as they worked for you if it isn't broke don't fix it

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X