Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch my plants grow with me! Introducing the Ellz GrowCam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmall
    replied
    You can also do this using the WYZE cam. This is an inexpensive series of cameras about the size of a 2” cube. They get more deluxe if you prefer but the base model is $24.95. It works wonderfully on either Android or iPhone, takes snapshots as well, notifies you of any movement or sound, has night vision and you don’t need batteries. It uses a usb power cord. You can even easily set it up for time lapse video recording. For your blink cam, try using a program on your PC called “BLUESTACKS”. It emulates the android OS and you can add you app as it it was a phone or tablet. Then launch it to view and record they way you do currently

Leave a comment:

• Watch my plants grow with me! Introducing the Ellz GrowCam!

UPDATED POST:
    The Ellz GrowCam LIVE view is currently down. Here is the most recent live video:

Feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel for the latest time lapse videos! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
    __________________________________________________ _________________________
    Old post:
    Hey GWE community! Today I picked up a Blink X2 home surveillance camera to install in my grow room so that I can check on my plants any time, from anywhere. I also wanted to invite all of you to watch my plants grow with me if you would like! Each day, I will be uploading a short clip of the day's progress to YouTube then sharing the link on here for all of you to see. Please note, these videos are not public, but rather visible only to people with the url so I only ask that you don't share the link outside of the GWE community.

A little bit about the camera:
    The Blink X2 is a battery powered (2 AA lithium batteries) and it connects to your WiFi so that you can monitor the camera from your smartphone. You can't monitor on your PC at the present time, only on an Android or iPhone. Also, your videos are stored on the cloud then you can download them or share them from there. You are limited on storage space but you can pay to upgrade if you choose. I don't plan on doing that since I can store my videos on YouTube for free. One super cool feature is that the camera tells you the ambient temperature where it is located so at any time I can see the temp in my grow room just by checking the camera! You can also set it to send alerts to your phone when the temp gets too high or too low. Cool right?!

Here is today's video:
    Last edited by ellz; 09-26-2020, 03:14 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X