Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Fungus gnat on my grow room

Hello guys!

I hawe problem with my plans, 4 week flowering stage. Today i notice i had fungus gnat inside a grow room. I put in the yellow traps. I am afraid to use neem oil . Somebody adviced me for the use of oxygen water. Anybody used this? Do you know how to use it ? Does it worth? Any other ideas?

thanks!

I use Mosquito Bites, you mix it into your soil and sprinkle a little on the surface and it’ll kill them, keeps them from even starting if you use it from the start. We use it on all of our houseplants as well.

In the meantime, take a small cup and fill it 1/4 full of apple cider vinegar and put a few drops of dawn in n there then stir it up and set it close to your plant, preferably in the pot if there’s room. The vinegar will attract them and the dawn holds them there. In one day that cup will be full if you have a infestation. Excellent safe trap

Comment

I take a spray bottle with neem oil mixed with water and simply spray it on the soil, not so much it’s sink in the soil. But just so you have a “layer” on the top soil. And I don’t have them anymore. For all the larvae. And fly paper hanging around for the adults fungus gnats. They hate neem oil and it’s organic
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Food grade DE over the soil (sand or perlite) prevents re-infestation (DE can be mixed into the soil also), a fan blowing on the plants (if they cant land they cant lay eggs), spinosad spray (safe to harvest they claim), 3% hydrogen peroxide in water at a 1:4 ratio, spray on soil to about 1” depth (kills larvae in the soil)
        neem is ok in veg, not on flowers,
        Good luck, I moved mine outside when none of this worked and let the ladybugs tend them, all s well now.

Comment

• Ergishehu12
          Ergishehu12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks man 😅

Originally posted by Ergishehu12 View Post
        Hello guys!

I hawe problem with my plans, 4 week flowering stage. Today i notice i had fungus gnat inside a grow room. I put in the yellow traps. I am afraid to use neem oil . Somebody adviced me for the use of oxygen water. Anybody used this? Do you know how to use it ? Does it worth? Any other ideas?

thanks!
        Understand from the outset Gnats are no biggy their worms are..
        as they can nibble at roots and can bring pythium into your grow space

Overwatering is the biggest cause at best at the compost packing place
        or by the grower from the outset

I use neem oil as a general tool and would not use for gnats but you still can if needed
        as it will kill all bugs and molds is organic and even systemic
        I still use it in my weekend curries ..lol

1/2 tsp to a pint spray bottle fill with warm water and shake well
        spray 2x day until clear ..IMO

or if your are a freaky guy.. lay uncooked french fries on the top
        they will attract the worms and check and remove daily

good luck

ps Neem oil works by blocking up the mouth parts so the critters starves to death ..lol
        sold near you as 'leaf cleaner'

Comment

• Ergishehu12
          Ergishehu12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks a lot! 😅

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X